Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

bikes on Taco

so what’s the plan for these ones steve? drivers or get running well n triple your $$$s?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey Steve, thought you were clearing out room in the stable for a hot rod??  Bikes look good though, gotta keep busy.

The connie seat chop looks wicked too!!  Already a major visual change….I couldn’t visualize before, but now the wheels are turning.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

@Finn, it’s so tempting to just flip and make $$, but I love this bike at the moment and want to drive it for the summer…  Maybe sell next spring.

@Toys, lol – yes I was…  but I tend to be a bit of an impulse buyer when it comes to bikes.  When the right one comes along at the right price, can’t resist.  Still searching the rods though…

I wish I didn’t work so much – that would make progress on the Connie much faster. We tend to go visit friends every other weekend too…  Cuts into play time.  Still not sure if I should leave the fairings on the front or strip it down – I like how they keep the wind off, but then again I don’t ride in sub-zero temps anymore…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Haven’t been working on the KZ much, but I had to make the Connie a bit quieter.  I had the straight pipes on it and drove it to work one night.  I’m surprised finn didn’t mention me coming in at 5am, shaking the windows!

Cut down the stock pipes and took out the baffles.  Sounds a lot better now… I’ll post pictures after my stupid iPhone is done backup…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I put the inner fender and brake\signal lights on it, so I could still drive it while working on it.

Stock exhaust chopped in half, baffles removed and painted flat black.  About half the Db’s of the straight pipes, which finn will appreciate…

connie1

connie2

hey slick, that’d be mrs finn that mentions it. loud internal combustion engines are music to me so nonthreatening. i’m a dead man till the alarm rattles at 1/4 of 6 in the am.

and no, she hasn’t said anything

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Just picked up a ’94 Concours turned into a cafe racer.  Rode it home…  Ran like shit!  Didn’t think I’d make it home…

Started tearing into it to see WTF was going on with it.  Replaced the coils cause I had some.  shortened the plug wires to take corrosion out of the ends.  Then I noticed buddy had the firing order 1-3-2-4…  It’s supposed to be 1-4-2-3!!!

Switched the wrong wires around and now the thing is a rocket!  Damn I love it when shit turns out to be something simple like that!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That’s awesome!!  Love when it’s the simple shit thats gone wrong, and problem solving skills save the day.

Interested to see a picture of this one.  There’s a decent chance I’ll be pursuing my M1&M2 this year, and bike creepin’ is helping to light this fire.

ok slick, i can’t keep track of how many you’ve got now!!!

with the new work benches you’ll have more room so more bikes, is that the plan? you’re welcome by the way.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Yeah, thanks again finn!  The benches are already covered in bike parts.  Up to 6 in the garage again…

@toys-n-yotas
    , whatever you do start with an old bike that doesn’t matter if you drop it… gain some experience on that one then go from there.  Let me know what style you like and I’ll keep an eye open.

I know a lot of people who get their M1/2, then go buy a new bike – and then either drop it or are afraid of it… it’s always good to build up your confidence.

Connie pics to come shortly.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I’ll have to sell/trade  my RM-Z 250, so initially I’m interested in an enduro, DRZ400, CRF450L, KLR series. I see myself using this as a backroads machine, and super cheap runabout bike.

My dad rode bikes for 25 years, but has been bike-less for a decade. Getting my license will prolly coax him into getting another. His last two were a HD UltraGlide and Suzuki Katana 1100.

So I’m unsure to say the least. But being shiny and new is the last thing I’m concerned about.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I had a KLR for a while.  Loved it!  It was a wheelie machine!  However I took it up to Ardbeg and found it was just too big and heavy for that type of use.  I have the XR200 that’ll be better for that application (once I get around to spending some quality time with it).

A KLR would be awesome for back roads though!

I almost killed myself on a GS1100 – racing a Supra Turbo (which I beat), then promptly went into a speed wobble at 220km/h.  Pretty much thought I was a goner… But held on and rode through it – lived to tell the tale….

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Here’s the latest addition:

connie

connie2

that looks like quite the weapon dude. when are you gonna terrorize dorland with it?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024