Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That’s quite the productive day, glad FrankenConnie had no ill effects of the fuelling.
    Was it the new tank that allowed the SL to run?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks! Just more gas and holding the tank higher to allow gravity to take effect… New tank should be here in the next couple of weeks.

Back to home renos for a bit now…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

On Tuesday we got satellite TV with a lot of channels…….

I’ve done pretty much nothing since we got it, but watch TV. Not sure this was such a good idea. lol

We went almost 4 years without TV. Now if I turn it on, I turn into a drooling couch potato! This is going to take some discipline!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The fuel tank finally came in for the SL100. Although it took a long time to get here, it was a good price for tank, cap, keys and petcock all together and the quality appears to be very good!

The packaging was well done too. No damage from shipping.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Slick_Yota.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Slick_Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That tank looks really good, and pleasant surprise it has no dents.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Buying another bike from Dave – 80ish Yamaha 650 Maxim.

Should just need a little love to get her cleaned up and running. No pics, as I haven’t picked it up yet.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Did you buy the SL off Dave?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I’m trying to convince Matt that we should build a “War Bird” from a Goldwing. He’s not quite on board though, we have had a tough time selling road legal bikes. Think I’m just getting antsy to start riding, or build another bike haha

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

No, i bought the SL from our MPP’s grandson (Dave Mackenzie is a huge Mopar guy and his shop was like a museum!). I just meant I bought another bike…

I have a 2002 Kawi Concours I’d sell you. Already stripped naked and runs like a champ! lol

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Matt has respectfully declined that Connie. He does our selling, and is particular on what he likes to sell, and custom bikes are not on that list. He shot down my WarBird build too.

Ohh, I thought Dave Mopar guy and MPP were the same guy.

Any timeline on getting the new bike?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’ll pick it up one day this week.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Here’s the new to me ‘81 Yamaha 650 Maxim. My wife says “that’s the best looking bike you’ve bought in a long time!”

In my defence, 3 of the last 5 were parts bikes!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The fork seals don’t even leak on this one!

Thanks @Dave !

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Sweet bike! I can hardly remember the last toy I bought that was wife approved haha….Usually just tolerated.

Lookin’ forward to hearing your plans for this bike.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

spent 2 hours polishing all the overspray off it last night – that was a bitch. After making sure it wasn’t seized, took me 20 minutes to get it running. Wouldn’t stay running because the battery is so dead… The paint on the tank looks better than my Connie now!

I was thinking of just flipping this one after cleanup and getting it running, but threw my cafe seat on it to see what it would look like. lol
    The bike is actually in really good shape – it’s just been sitting a long time. Think it’s time to thin the bike herd again, so I should probably just sell it… Although I do have a set of clubman’s in the garage! Might have to experiment first!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Slick_Yota.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024