Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Then I happened upon another 1987 Kawi Concourse with high mileage, but excellent running condition for $500!  All it needed was a $30 speedo cable!  I was going to keep it as a parts bike for my first Connie, but decided to sell it – for twice what I paid for it 😀

next connie

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Had to upgrade my trailer to “fit” the Taco….  put 15″ wheels on it:

trailer

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Next to be bought was a 1980 Honda CM200T.  Talk about nostalgia!  Scored this baby for $250 not running of course…

It was on a 6V battery system and I couldn’t for the life of me find one… so I put an e-bike battery in it just to get it started.  Ended up selling it for $500, just because I needed the room in my storage locker.

Honda

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The next 2 bikes I bought for other people.  Bought my girlfriend a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 400R, with only 5K on the odometer:

Ninja 400

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Then bought my daughter a 2015 Suzuki GW250 with no mileage on it!  Guy bought 2 for he and his wife and then decided to sell his.  His loss, my (daughter’s) gain. (this isn’t the actual bike – no I didn’t move to Florida – I did move though…)

suzuki

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

After driving these 2 fuel injected bikes around for a bit, I decided it was time I got into this century.  Found a smokin’ deal on this pristine 2008 Kawasaki Z1000.  What a weapon!  0 – 100kmph in 3″, 125 horses – holy crap!

Z

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

A week after buying the Z1000, I found another deal on a 2006 Kawasaki KLR650.  Scored this one for $1500.  Had to put a few things into her as it was a fixer-upper…  Tires, brakes, battery, front hub and speedo cable and a headlamp switch.  This one hurt more because I could no longer do the work, as I had moved to an appartment.

KLR

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The underground parking was looking a little crowded!

appt

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Tough being in an apartment with all that!

yeah, at rate slick’s going , he’s gonna be payin’ more in rent for parking that the actual apartment!

steve, you gotta get a shop dude!!! i know where there is one.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Apartment issue resolved! Connie resurection to commence March 29th!  Took Finn’s advice on the “shop”  😉

It’ll be nice to be a homeowner again and have a nice garage to put all my sh!t in.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Installed a Tidy tail on the Z1000. I also put an integrated LED tail/signal lamp on it, but don’t have a picture of that, only the teardown:

tidy

tail

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I think the only other thing I’ll do to the Z is put bar end mirrors on it.  The stock mirrors are only good for seeing my shoulders……

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Slick, love the abundance of bikes. I too have a problem of too many good deals and ever disappearing places to park haha.

Until I sold an atv 2-weeks ago, there were 2 Honda sport atvs, Honda dirtbike, 2 suzuki dirtbikes all fighting for realestate in the garage. My wife still isnt too pleased that she can’t park in the garage all winter. I tried to compromise “let me park some bikes in the basement, and you’ll have your parking spot”, but she had no interest.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024