Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That elbow grease sure paid off, looks great! That seat sure looks comfy, inviting for a long haul.
    What are Clubmans?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The Clubmans are the drop handlebars used for cafe bikes. That seat is comfy, but the cafe seats look way cooler… Still debating what to do…

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Nice job there Steve. Dave did you a solid on that one, hope you can flip it for a tidy profit.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, it’ll start with a shot of butane in the carb, but won’t stay running. Not getting gas… carb cleaning required.

Thanks Kev. I was trying to convince Dave to clean it up and get it running to get more $$ for it, but all comes down to time…. so much to do, so little time.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thought I should post this first big ride of the year selfie here – rode to Dover March 21st! Not many other bikes on the road.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Went racing again at St Thomas Dragway. Must have put 15 to 20 passes on the old Connie. Beat everything I raced, so wanted to go up against something I knew could beat me.

Raced a Dodge TRX with the Hellcat motor. Beat him on the first 2 passes, but jumped the light by a split second. So raced one more time…

Went a third time and beat him handily! His truck was too hot and his launch control didn’t kick in… All well, a win’s a win! Not bad for a 34 year old 700lb bike!

Unfortunately that last pass blew up the clutch… Seems I blow something up every year doing this! lol.
    Tearing the old girl down this week for a clutch rebuild and some upgrades to 2002 from a parts bike.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Guinness diligently helping me do an engine swap on the Connie:

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Bike number 2 stripped down tonight. Rebuild next week!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Update on all the bikes I no longer have…
    Sold Melissa’s 400 Ninja
    Sold the Honda SL100
    Sold the 94 Kawi Concours frame
    Sold the 02 Kawi Concours (running and driving) and majority of my concours parts to free up garage space.
    Sold my bike hoist.

All I have left now is my 87 Concourse with the 94 front, wheels, drivetrain and rear end. It also has the 02 combination meter and modern console covers with the locking compartments. This one still has the side hard cases, if anyone wanted to put them on and an extra set of non-leaking forks.
    I have it listed on FB Marketplace (too late in season) for $2,000, but I’d let it go to a friend for better price…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Just about The whole fleet is gone eh? What’s gonna fill the time and space you’ve freed up?

The Connie offer is sweet, but I can only justify one (insured) bike in The Shop. As I see it, Ive got 2 trucks and one just sits. Can’t do that with the bike too. I sulk enough when I see Redee idle and lonely haha

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I understand the feeling, I had 2 trucks, the hot rod and the bike all insured last year. Couldn’t see the sense, so sold the 09 Taco, took the bike off the road this year. Now it’s just the 19 Taco and the hot rod. Cut the insurance bill significantly!

The car has been taking up my time lately. But I might end up just taking it to my local guy to take a look at. I generally don’t let anyone work on my vehicles except me, but think I need help with this one…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, I sold the old girl tonight. The old Connie is gone.
    Buddy didn’t even dicker on the price. Just handed me the cash and rode her home.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Are you now bike-less? Or gotta project kickin’ around the shop still?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

No, every 2 wheeled thing in the shop is gone! With the hot rod being the main summer fun thing, no immediate plans to get another bike – maybe after I re-retire! lol

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The Indian FTR is pretty tempting!

Or a Kawi Concours 1400!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024