Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’m thinking Chev, 60’s – 80’s.

Here’s a 61 Apache:

apache

Same guy has an 84 stepside with a newer fiberglass box (not sure I like that), but the 84 has a 350, 5spd manual, which I do like.

nnoooo slick! that later model box is just all wrong for a square body. it’s one of those ,”just cuz it fits, doesn’t mean it should be done”. think spandex if you need a vivid visual

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

@finn, yeah….  that’s why I emailed him about the 61 and not the 84…

although I love the 350 – 5spd, that box is blasphemous.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey Steve, did you break in your Christmas welder yet?  Looking for a thumbs up or thumbs down.

yeah toys, as of about a week ago, he hadn’t opened the box yet

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’ve used them many times, even with flux core wire the welder does what it needs to do. That is a very very very good deal! I’d buy it.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Sadly I haven’t even opened the box yet.  Been doing yard work while on holidays (tore out a 16×24′ deck).

I might putter around in the garage today after Finn’s buddy takes away the lumber.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I’ll prolly swing by CT this week to grab the welder. Can’t beat 65% off. I have awesome gloves, will just need some consummables and tons of practice.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I got rid of all my welding gear years ago.  All my apparel came from former workplaces.  Just a regular helmet – none of this speed glass… I was a production welder for a while and didn’t need to see where I was going – just knew…

come to think of it, I’m not sure if the kit even came with a helmet… I should probably check that.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

That looks like the same setup I bought, so it should have the speed glass helmet.

hey slick, did mrs.finn see some new steeds added to your stable yesterday?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Oh yeah!  Got a smoking deal on a ’77 KZ750 Twin.  Running and driving.  Guys gave me 2 boxes of parts and parts bike to go along with it. Pics to come…

Been working on the ’87 Connie as well – got the welder put together finally and welded the loop together.  It works very well.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

got the loop plugged and welded up.  All I got a pic of was the starting point…

loop

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Drilled 4 holes through the plug to fill with mig (or flux core) and butt welded the seam.

Then started the seat chop on the Connie:

connie

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Of course since I can’t do only 1 thing at a time, I picked up the fore mentioned ’77 Kawasaki KZ750 Twin:

kzkz kz2

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024