Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

@toys-n-yotas – LOL, sounds like a great idea to me!  Hopefully she changes her mind.

I’m thinking a couple of dirt bikes for Ardbeg next.  Was also thinking of buying an old Harley to chop up into a flat tracker.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Here’s the latest addition to the herd.  Picked this one up cheap.  Not running, but has compression and is fairly complete:

xr200

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I tore the carb apart on Wednesday, drained all the bad gas out of it.  Jets looked ok – not gummed up.

Put her all back together and put fresh Shell V-Power in her.  Sprayed a bit of butane in the carb, flipped the choke and she fired right up!

So, I’ve got only what I paid into it and it’s running already!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That’s awesome, love the 45-min fix. I find recreational vehicles way more satisfying to wrench on, no sensors/computers to interfere with Fuel-Air-Spark

My buddy and I got a Honda ATR 3-wheeler in the same condition, partially disassembled. Was told it ran great, just stopped wouldnt re-start.  10-minutes of disassembly, I found  a single blade of grass blocking the main jet. Blew it out, fired back up on the 2-3 year old gas that was still in the tank.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

LOL  I love finding those ones!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The XR starts first kick every time now.  Still have to fix a choke thing with it.  Stalls when I turn the choke off.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Here’s what the arsenal looks like now:

bikes

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Awesome stable you’ve got there. They look much more comfortable compared to an underground parking lot.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

For sure!  I’ll have to line them up at the back for the winter.  With access to the Connie and XR, so I can work on them over the winter.

I want to strip the Connie down to a 1000cc cafe racer monster.

connie

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Getting any work done on the Connie these days?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The GF bought me a welder for Christmas!  So now I can start welding the rear loop and route the exhaust the way I want.

Other than charge the battery and take it for a ride around the block, haven’t done anything more.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Sweet! What kinda welder?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

This one:  regular $750, on sale for $279!  Should work for what I need it to do.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-mig-and-flux-welder-combo-kit-2999921p.html#srp

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh man that’s a great gift!  Serious price break too. I was looking at that welder in the flyer last week, but couldn’t pull the trigger on it. Let me know how it works out for you.

cool buddy! can’t go wrong with a hot glue gun. so late at night now when i see a blueish glow n flashes of blue lightning to the east i’ll know it’s just slick fabbin’ or fixin’. i’ve gotta get over n check it out. good score dude

you know, welding is just joining asteroid remnants with organized lightning.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024