Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Haha I’m in the organized lightning business, and never heard it explained so elegantly before.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Geezus finn, you’re a poet!

I’m an organized lightning manipulator by trade.  I need to put that on my resume when I retire!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Was in Canadian Tire of Orangeville and saw the same welding kit on sale. Took most of my will power to walk past it.

tom, goooo baaack. buuuyyy iit. you must dooo this

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Must get Redee road legal before spending on “Stage 2” tools.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

If you find a great deal on something, you have  to buy it and stash it away until you need it.  I did that with a roofing nailer.  Got it for a smoking deal – Reg $300 on for $99!  It sat for 2 years until I was ready to do my roof – then it was there ready to go!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I agree with you on stashing sale items, but I know it’ll go on sale again because I almost bought it the last time it went on sale as well.

By stalling, hopefully you can figure out all the technical bits, and gimmie a real user review on it. Some method to my procrastination 😉

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Just bought some 1″ tube and flat bar for the tail loop.  Got a guy from Cambridge who will do the bends for me…  Unless there’s anyone closer.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Tube bent:

tubing

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

borrowed Fin’s chop saw to cut it in half:

chopped

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Will still have to narrow it, but after looking at the bike, began thinking about using the old frame part and chop the end off.  cut it just past the “V”.  I don’t like the angle though… putting the single loop on it would be a lot cleaner…

back end

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

you can see our fat tire bikes in the background 😀

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, I reluctantly sold the Z1000.  Want to find a rat rod pickup, so this will help finance that…

Z1000

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Sad to see toys go, but a Z1000 is mass produced, vs a RatRod which is pure pleasure!  Suuper excited to see what joins the fleet next.

What do you have in mind?  Got a decade settled on at least?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Early 70s Hilux sounds like a cool ratrod! It will for sure come pre-rusted and patina’d so that’s a plus.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024