Select Page

Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Home Forums CLUB CHAT Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Usually toyotas are so overbuilt, it’s odd to see that kind of play in the spider gears.

I’m not sure I’ll be much help

BigRed
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome.

Steering does not seem to matter. Will make sure dealer gets it logged in our file and will let know what they have to say.

welcome to this ship of fools big red. i have but one question, is eileen and charlie one person? just curious.

re: front end vibe, warranty issue. stay on their @$$ like a bad hemorrhoid. hope fully they find enough preparation H

Krezz

@BigRed welcome it’s great to hear from you!

My technical knowledge is next to none, so I will refer over to the wiser lads here and the dealership techs if you resort to that. Hope its a quick solve and you can return to fully enjoying your T4R!

BigRed
    Participant

Finn:

Two people “the better half and I”.

Thanks Krezz, I am booked into the shop this afternoon. Will drop by and see you if your in.

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Welcome aboard Charlie,lovely wife you have,nice truck too! Without hearing the sound or otherwise,I’ll throw a bad front axle into the mix,it happens! Say hi to Madam T for me.

Kev

BigRed
    Participant

Thanks Kev.

Had the truck in to Toyota on Thursday. They said they needed to do a “Cold Soak” Overnight in the cold. Going to arrange something when it gets colder.

Posts on other blogs indicates this to be a general problem (vibration due to drivers side diff. needle bearing play) but not catastrophic. Apparently East Coast Gear Supply has a fix.

Charlie

Jason
    Participant

Here’s a cool shot of Dan’s 80 

BigRed
    Participant

Just thought I would let everyone know the status of BigRed’s front end vibration if anyone else experiences the same.

Guys at the service desk were a little hesitant at first, blaming tires, balance etc. but they came through after a cold test drive. It is the front end drivers side diff. needle bearing. Apparently Toyota has a TSB on the issue.

Going in for the warranty repair next week.

Krezz

Glad it sounds like it’ll be resolved quickly!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Jeeps suck.

And my washed and shiny (rusty) first gen just unloaded off the trailer and waiting to be wheeled.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Toy-Yota.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Firewood run with the xtracab.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I like that truck!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

High centered moment in Minden.

precarious moment

Toy-Yota
    Participant

How’d you get out of that one?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024