Select Page

Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Home Forums CLUB CHAT Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

winch hooked up to front bumper to spin me a little more to the left, then pull me off the steeple 😛

then a very slow careful drive down, so as not to can-opener my door on that rock.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Had a bumpy “good night and go to sleep” drive with my 3.5 year old turn a little extra adventerous last night.

The incident involves a long icy hill, a tree, a large boulder and a rescue me phone call to a buddy.

Ooops

About 1 truck length from cresting the hill, a rather large bump caused a total loss of forward momentum, initiating a 50m backwards downhill slide. Oooops. This was at 9pm, So much for a tame sideroad tour to lull the wee one to sleep.

An hour later had a Tundra driving buddy pick us up and drive us home. “Little Trucky” had a lonely sleep On the side of a no winter maintenance road overnight.

Flash forward to 9am, loaded up with a come along, 30ft recovery strap, various 10,000lb ratchet straps, 80kg of salt, 3-ton floor jack a buddy and super powerful brains, recovery began.

Pictured above, The rear diff high centered on the previously mentioned large boulder.

-Come along rear hitch to tree on far side of road to stabilize

-jack under low side rear axle to get diff off rock

-fallen branch under rear tire to keep off diff

-recovery strap uphill far side of road to big tree. Highlift, and strap in-line to front loop

-TENSION!!

-pour down 80kg of salt

-proceed very slowly

-setup again higher up the hill, and she walked right out of the ice ditch.

Freedom!! Less than 2-hours including socializing, high-fiving, and cleanup. One softball sized dent in the bumper is all that remains of the incident. Total success.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Dent

Dent in the bumper as only blemish. Perhaps a scuff from a branch that’ll buff out

It’s a memorable day to finish paying off the loan. Goodbye bi-weekly payment!! You won’t be missed!!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Congrats on getting it out and no more payment, that must be freeing. I know a good paintless dent repair guy if you’d like his number, I dont know if you think the dent could be pulled out or not. He works out of burlington.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I love that “no more payment” feeling!  That’s when I lifted and started beating on my Taco.

Good thing your buddy was still awake!

Jason
    Participant

The 80s all loaded up! Ben and I are meeting Mike tomorrow.  We’re going to tour the Bruce Peninsula and camp. 

Krezz

Glad to hear you got out safe and with minimal damage!

Have a kick ass time @Jason!!

Jason
    Participant

Aweome weekend out on the Peninsla.

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

To see all the other pictures check out my instagram page @jz8ty and Mike’s @ontariooverland

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice pics J!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Back when we had beater trucks and there was conveniently a Canadian tire beside the trail.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024