Select Page

Slick new Taco

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick new Taco

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Finally got the new Taco out on some trails, with The dog. He had a good time as well.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Picked up some new-to-me Dual rims Friday with Toyo Open Country AT tires… LT285/75R16

Took it for a short drive last night – they ride pretty good. Don’t notice much difference in acceleration. Probably because of the Tune.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Geez, I don’t post much about this truck, do I….
    I had a set of 285/70R17 Falcon Wildpeaks I bought off a Jeep guy for $750 shortly after the above post. They rubbed a bit and it drove the wife nuts, so I sold them for what I got them for and bought some new Firestone Discovery ATX 265/75R16’s to put on my TRD rims last fall.

2 weeks ago, I bought my buddy’s slimline front bumper. Have to buy a fairlead before I can put my winch on.

Then last week I bought his Elka front coil-overs and rear shocks. Can’t wait to get these on. Maybe this weekend.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Also picked up a set of LED tail lights off Amazon. I’m actually pretty impressed with them for $200!
    Don’t have a pic yet. Will upload one once I get one.
    Also got a set of blacked out sequential signal lights for the mirrors and a flat tail gate insert, both from my buddy who’s trading his 2019 in for a 2024 TRD Off Road.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That slimline looks awesome on your truck! I didn’t realize how many goodies you were getting off Rich’s truck.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Installed the Elkas last weekend. The ride is much better, but I lost a bit of height in the front. I’ll have to adjust the coil-overs once I put the winch back on.

Yeah, I think I paid for his front diff almost a couple times over and then some.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Did you go straight from OEM to Elkas? My taco needs shocks all around, but looking into 5100s for a “cheap” upgrade.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024