Select Page

Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Home Forums CLUB CHAT Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Here 2 from our trip to Quebec 

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

One from Ardbeg

Jason
    Participant

This one’s outside of Shelburne 

Jason
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>This one is from our trip to Sault Ste Marie in July. We camped on the shore of Lake Superior. </p>

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Beautiful shot beside the lake. Nice Cruiser!

What do you think of Ardbeg? I haven’t been yet. How would you rate the camping and trails?

Heres my pic of the day, one of my favourite shots from camp.

Non-panorama

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    Jason
    Participant

I like Ardbeg. There’ somehing there for everyone. One of my favorite times there was last Aug. Long weekend. We just took our time and Cruised the south trail and camped at 2 different lakes.   The down fall to Ardbeg is its very busy at Black Lake.  I like the more secluded camp spots, no one around just you and nature.
    I have hosted a few runs in Ardbeg 15-25 trucks. Everything from stock to modified. But it’s hard. You can’t please everyone. So I don’t host anymore, now I follow or go in smaller groups with people who enjoy doing what I do or I go alone.

Here’s a video from May 24 2016

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Jason.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Jason.

ardbeg, what can i say? i concur with jason about it. the out of the way campin’ spots are the best. the main trail can be run in 2wd pretty much the whole thing. oh, you want a place to test your scratch built rock buggy? there’s spots that will make you work for it.

that may 24 run was a good weekend. thanks for the video.

jason i hear you on the not pleasing everyone. i had the same issue when i had 4ward 4wd club down here. you’d plan a run n all you’d hear was…” that’s too far”, “there’s no mud”. the worst was…”when’s the next run?” i got very tired of babysitting n spoon feeding. sorry, rant off.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

small groups with like minded people are difinitely better!

@Toy-Yota
    – Thanks! I’ll have had her 10 year in August.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thanks for the input guys, I was trying to draw my own conclusions about it based off videos but it’s better to have real opinions. Definitely looks like a good place to go with the wives for a leisurely weekend. Any fish in those lakes?

I’m with you Jason, I’d probably rather camp with just my group than 1000 other people.

Ill have to give it a shot this year, I’m somewhat fortunate that our normal group has similar built rigs and they’re usually willing to travel because most of us have trailers and work for ourselves so we’re flexible with time.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Another from Greens last summer

Toy-Yota
    Participant

TNTT WHEELING TIP #1

Suck a little H20 in your motor? No worries. Here’s how we dealt with this:

This works best only if  you don’t have enough oil for a full change.

1) Shut the motor off immediately, and get pulled out of the obstacle

2) If a Jeep offers to pull you out, kindly reject the offer

3) Pull of spark plug wires and pull the plugs.

4) wait until the water and oil settle back into the oil pan

5) oil is lighter than water and naturally will float on the surface. If you crack the bolt on the oil pan, but don’t remove, water should drip out slowly. All we did was wait until the water turned to oil and then tighten bolt

6) crank the motor with your hand over the spark plug tubes until you see no more water coming out onto your hands.

7) dry out the filter which is probably soaking wet. And then it’s probably best to change the oil and filter as soon as possible. This motor needed timing chain guides and some other work so it was junk to him anyway. Wheeled for another couple days with that fix.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice job!  I’ve seen a few water spatter marks in my breather, but try not to go to deep.  Have to drive the Taco home and it’s my DD, so I try not to abuse her too badly…  in water anyway.

Bobcaygeon

3″ lift only here…

bob 2

bob 3

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Where was that trail? I’ve never seen a Sequoia on the the trail before that’s a big heavy beast.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

@jason is your 80 an FZJ?

Photo of the day: our quick camp in Apsley

Camp

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024