Select Page

Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Home Forums CLUB CHAT Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Noey
    Participant

Greens

Noey
    Participant

Southwind

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Those make me want to go wheeling! Awesome shots! Love the flop at Greens mountain with the J**ps in the background! Love watching people on that obstacle.

Ive only been there once, Indidnt really see where the trail goes after that. It seems to get really tight

Noey
    Participant

I managed to hit it twice in May 2017 for the first time and had great luck. Completed the trail without winching or carnage!

Ya you gotta continue past that obstacle to hit more action. Love the challenges and adrenaline rush! It loops back to where you start.

🍻

Toy-Yota
    Participant

You have a 4:1 case and 38s? How did you feel about crawling those obstacles with that ratio? Could you use a lower gear?

Noey
    Participant

My lowest crawl ratio is 80:1 and it works very well for technical stuff but coming off steep ledges I still gotta ride the brake at times. Also it’s too slow when trekkin through the smooth areas so I’m usually in 2nd or 3rd. At 100:1 I probably wouldn’t need to touch the brakes on those steep drop offs.

When climbing steep sections like where buddy flopped on Greens, I’m in 2nd gear at 43:1. It works well when I need momentum. The trick there is to get the tires smoking until they get sticky 😉

Jason
    Participant

Awesome shots man.

Noey
    Participant

Thanks Jay! Miss wheeling with your old mini! But awesome overland action you have going on now! 🍻

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Jason did you have that black 81 pickup?

Good tip Noey! I noticed that with a few Jks on that obstacle, you got to heat em up

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

@ Toy-Yota yeah, J had the 81.  Made my truck look like a dinky toy!

Ardgeg

Jason
    Participant

Yup I miss my first gen pick-up 

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I really did like that truck, any idea where it ended up?

Sometimes I think I should have bought it, I remember considering it when you had it up for sale. It was 22re swapped right?

Jason
    Participant

Adam has/had it. He use to be on the Sontt forum I think he’ has it out 2-3 times.

Yes it did have the 22re swap.

BigRed
    Participant

Guys:

Great shots of your adventures. Our plan is to do some of the same. We are Eileen&Charlie. Picked up BigRed (2017 4Runner Trail)  from Krezz mid last year and trying to enjoy every minute in preparation for our retirement.

Thought you may be able to help us with an issue given your technical abilities (mechanical wise).

Late last year when winter began, we noticed a growl/rumble coming from the drivers side front end. The sound was in sync with a vibration that we could feel in the steering wheel. Seemed to start with the cold weather and definitely gets worst when colder. It gets less noticeable as the truck drives for a while.

Thought it might be the tires, but same thing occurred after swapping stock tires for BFG T/A KO2’s.

Did some research and found similar discussions out there. Symptoms match our situation. Only thing I haven’t check is shifting to 4H to see if it disappears.

See following links.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/official-2nd-gen-4×4-front-differential-bearing-vibration-thread.152173/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/vibration-in-cold-truck.306551/

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/217741-2016-sr5-4wd-grind-moan-vibration.html

Was wondering if any of you have come across this and is it something I should take seriously. BigRed’s 16K checkup is due shortly and I will bring this up so it is on record at the dealership.

Any advice or insight anyone on the forum could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Eileen&Charlie

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Welcome BigRed!

Do you notice it get worse or go away when you turn one way or the other?  Wheel bearings could show the signs you mentioned, but not if you’ve only got 16K on the runner.

Make sure you show the dealer exactly what it’s doing, so they don’t say “it’s fine, just bring it back if you notice it again”.

Don’t let them brush you off (my dealership didn’t like me at all 😀 )

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024