Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Kid I bought the bike from dropped off a new kickstart lever for the SL. I stopped by NCK Cycle in woodstock today and was able to get a brake lever and a petcock.

I might actually start working on it tomorrow and take a pic or 2 to post. lol

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Great follow up from the seller to deliver parts to you. Impressed at your local dealer too getting parts for an old bike so quick.

What else does the bike need?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Kid also gave me a brand new carb for it! Needs a seat – sourced one on ebay for $50. Heading out to the garage tonight play a bit and take a closer look…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Those are some sweet freebies! The Councillor musta been de-cluttering, a really good haul for $500.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I was trying to buy some of his signs, but he said none of the Mopar is for sale – which is almost EVERYTHING! lol.

Yeah, bike came with a lot of new stuff… Carb, battery, kickstart lever, plug wire…

Installed all the new components last night. I couldn’t get the wire out of the ignition coil- don’t think it was made to come apart. I’ll have to buy a new coil for it.

Clutch doesn’t seem to be working right. I’ll have to dig into that more….

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Latest acquisition: 2002 Kawi Concours parts bike.

Now I’ll be able to put my other parts bike on the road!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That’s a sweet parts bike! Love the chunk of 4×4 in place of the rear shock. Looks like plenty of good parts left for $100.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Lol!!! Good eye! Luckily this POS has almost everything else I need to put my other parts bike on the road.

I put handle bars from my other bike on it to unload. Much easier to get it down! My neighbour came over to help.

This is the second parts bike I’ve bought that had brand new tires on it! The fork seals don’t even leak!!! I rarely find even good bikes that don’t need fork seals.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

That’s the best $100 I ever spent! Lots of good parts on this bike, even with a blown engine!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Here’s the sl100 and a lit shot of the Connie:

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That SL looks like it has solid bones! Making it run, and a little bit of spit shine should easily double-triple your investment. Just looks pretty dusty from here.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Yeah, its pretty dusty. Descent shape though. Ordered a seat, points/condenser and coil for it – about $120 on ebay.

As for the parts Connie, I think I’ll register this one because it was only $100… and quite a bit newer than my other 2. I’ll swap all the other parts over to this one, but put the more modern combi meter and control switches on my 87. For that I have to swap out the main wire harnesses (lots on tear down for the old Connie this winter!).

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Both sound like fun projects, hardly any parts needed to buy for the Connies.
    Did you ever sort out your drag strip woes?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

yes, I just blew the ignition coils. Replaced the coils and spark plugs and went back to the track the following Friday. Good as new!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got a couple of the parts for the SL so far. Just waiting for the coil now.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024