Select Page

Slick bike builds

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick bike builds

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 255 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’m pretty happy with the seat. It was $48 delivered to my door from the Philippines.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

You find parts are coming any slower than usual? A lot of stuff is shipping really quickly I find.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Points and condenser from the US and seat from the Philippines came pretty quickly.
    Coil is coming on a slow boat from China. ETA between now and the end of January….

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Cleaned out the garage tonight, so I can change the tires on the Tundra and start working on the Connies.

Much better!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Nice work! Feels good to clean out the shop! I feel like I do it every week.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’ve been so deep into renovations lately that the garage tends to get neglected. This week has been dedicated to the garage!

Just got the ignition coil in the mail today, so tonight I will be working on the SL100 to see if I can get it running!

I’ve also got the parts Connies side be each to start swapping parts to create the perfect FrankenConnie. It will consist of parts from 1987, 1994 and 2002.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh yea, tidy shop has its own sigh of relief.

Nice Connie setup! I like the bike stand, will that bike be the parts receiver?

Good luck on the SL tonight.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks! Got the SL to fire, but couldn’t keep it running. I think the SL350 tank causes an issue with the gravity fuel feed.

I gave up on the SL for the night because I was sweating my a$$ off kicking her over.

The Connie on the stand will be the donor bike. It was $800 and I’d rather pay tax on the $100 bike. Plus the $100 bike is a 2002.

Here she is all naked:

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Although the amount of PITA it was to get the engine out of this bitch, it’ll be way easier to just build up the 94… That engine is freaking heavy!!!!!!

I’ll have to put some thought into that and weigh the options.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, I can’t find the receipt for the 94 Connie, so it looks like I’ll need to build up the 02…

Thinking about stripping the 94, I’ll try a different method… Stripping the 02, I dropped the motor out of the frame. Being that the motor weighs twice as much as the frame, I’ll brace the motor and take the frame off the motor… Should make for lighter work – then the motor won’t have to move – I can put the newer frame on it where is sits.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Good work pn the SL, glad the coil worked out of the box.

I didn’t realize the engine was semi-stressed, def looks a lot easier to manipulate the frame around the motor.

Is the motor in the ‘02 poop?

I just registered and paid transfer tax on my ATV yesterday, a solid $6.50 on my $50 purchase. Honestly, I paid nothing for the ATV, but figured the MTO wouldn’t like that.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

LOL. I was thinking the same thing about my $100 02 Connie with the blown motor, but I have pictures of the original condition if they want evidence.

I’m sure the frame is way easier to throw around than that 250 lb engine!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I bought a new tank for the SL off Ebay for $118 shipped to my door. Includes tank, cap, keys and petcock. That should help feed the little putter…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Thats a great deal for the tank setup! I aid $50-$70 for just a petcock alone for a Kawi cruiser in the sunmer.

I’m glad my DR doesnt have a locking fuel cap, I’m tired of sourcing keys and locks haha.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Yesterday was a productive day in the garage! Got the 94 running, just to make sure it ran before I stripped it down.
    Drained the fluids and disconnected all the electrical.
    Removed exhaust, rad, carbs, air box, rear shock, front and rear tires and the rear swing arm.

Before removing the wheels and shock, I built a Redneck engine stand:

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 255 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024