Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Oh for sure ya, it’s pretty heavy duty. I can’t lift it in the truck on my own it’s heavy.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Ahh, then yes the looks are deceiving. Looked like a thin sheet metal skin, and couldn’t see much frame to it.
    Does it hold all your gear well? Or still gonna make some mods to it?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I don’t really know what’s going to go in it I kinda just threw a bunch of stuff in it.
    It would be cool to have cooking stuff on one side but really I don’t usually cook out of the back of the truck because we have the camper. And most of the time we cook over a fire.

I just had the idea at work today to put a tool kit on the slide. I’ve seen a couple guys put foam down and then heat up the tools and push them Into the foam so it creates a “slot” for each socket, ratchet, extension etc. Then have a spot for recovery gear too and general camp stuff

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Toy-Yota.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

I ordered a wheel for the spare I picked up, just did curb side pickup at 4wheelparts. They didn’t have time to mount so I said screw it. Have you ever tried to mount a big tire (or any tire for that matter) by hand?

Issued the help of my dad and a BFP (big Effin prybar)

And we got it done, the MTR has a pretty thick sidewall and it takes so much volume it was a little tough to get enough air in to seat the beads but we got it tight enough without using ether actually. Got her mounted up and it looks pretty big but I like it.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Holy shit, that’s a huge tire!!! Takes up the whole back of the truck! Looks good though!

That’s a great idea about the foam! Be sure to do it in a well ventilated area – don’t want to kill yourself with the fumes and not enjoy the organization fully!!!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah good thinking! I mounted our camp stove in there for now so it’ll be a future project.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Holy full sized spare batman! Did you need a step ladder, or chain fall to hoist that beast up there?
    I was nearly crushed to death slinging a 36” into the back of the BigRunner. Having to align bolt holes that high up woulda gotten the best of me haha.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I took it up and down a few times actually it is really heavy but it’s doable.

The wife and I camped back out at the cabin last night it was pretty chilly but we had fun.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Sweet setup in the back field. My daughter has been asking to tent camp in the backyard since the snow disappeared a couple weeks ago. I’m still sitting at a firm NO, and feeling her wrath accordingly haha

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Good on ya, looks like this weekend might be quite nice to camp out as well.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Flexing it out on a big rock out back. It actually tucks pretty good, rubs in a couple spots. It’s time to build a front bumper though mines getting bent up from trees and stuff

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice! LOL, that’s why I love having the steel bumpers. My license plate takes a beating though…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Do you have a CB or is the antenna just for looks like mine?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I had one in my last truck but I sold it with it. So I need to get another. Just a cb whip for now!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Your back field drying up more? Like the dimensions of the new trailer on your trail? It’s a couple feet shorter than the last one, is it noticeable?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024