Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    FJTTSE
    Keymaster

37s eh, good thing gas is cheap now,LOL She’s looking good bye the way!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

It’s a giant 54mm but, then a lock washer that you bend the tabs on, then another 54mm. I didn’t have a fish scale so you’re very right. I may not have tightened them to the right spec but when I finished with the hub rebuild and I turned the hub it felt way too tight to me. I figured it would loosen up a little and it definitely did. So I tightened them up now and hopefully they stay that way. It only took a half hour.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah FJ gas is cheap but it’s so awful on fuel. I said to Tom the other day when he was here that it would be much cheaper on fuel to take my 7.3 and trailer and just tow the LX450 on the trailer. I can’t believe just how bad it is. LOL good thing I don’t drive it much

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Wrenching away, stiffened up my rear bumper. And picked up my new trailer, I don’t plan on trailering the LX much but if I have to I can. It barely fits.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Finally took the little light bar off the bumper and put two 6” bars in the bumper, I welded two small tabs on the backside quick and wired them up.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh man the LC is looking awesome. The dual led pods look a lot better than the single in the centre.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

^^^Agreed!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

You put those 37s to work in your back field yet? Any troubles gettin’ to the cabin?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah I slid down and got stuck in the back, it’s brutal when it’s wet.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Did you run out of gas trying to get out? LOL – gas can sitting behind the truck!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Putting that gas in it would definitely make it smoke, there’s 50:1 in there right now haha. Been busy are work but I managed to paint the trailer wheels black. And I got a spare 37, just need a wheel now. Set the camper up too and started loading gear into it. I’m gonna get an inverter and deep cycle for it. And my wife is going to paint it pretty soon. The aluminum sides and top is all chipping.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I like that little tent trailer. It would be nice for Ardbeg / crown land adventures.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah I’m excited to get some use out of it!

Quick question for anyone. I figured it would get more exposure here than on a new thread. A guy is selling these these stainless camp kitchens on kijiji. And he said he’ll do 200 bucks per unit if I buy multiple.

Let me know if you want some details, in my opinion they’re worth way more than he’s selling them for.
    Dimensions
    Bottom depth 24.5
    Top depth 21.5
    Width 37.5
    Height 22.5

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Well I went and got two of them, the guy is out in Kitchener which is close to a couple of you. He’s got like 60 of them and gives a deal the more you buy!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Do you think that storage box is strong enough to be moved with your gear in it?
    I really like that “kitchen slide”, but the rest looks too bulky for my storage needs to be permanently mounted.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024