Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah it’s pretty dry now, enough to drive around back there at least. I do like the new trailer a lot, it’s definitely a better size. A couple feet shorter and foot narrower makes a huge difference. A problem is in the future. Basically here it is. I Sold my atv and we bought another one. I can’t bring the land cruiser, the camper and the quad when we go away up north. The good news is I should be able to sell e camper no problem especially after we paint it. What I’m thinking Of doing is building a roughly 5×8 trailer With a rack that is just A little higher than the handlebars of the quad. Then I’ll put a roof top tent up there and have some room in the trailer for gear etc. It’s really just to get the atv up north to the trail is all. I know we could put the tent on the roof but I don’t like setting it up and down every time I want to move. So there’s some options. I could probably find a trailer and modify it.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

And because I don’t like posting without pictures, here’s my thought process in a picture. Plus the new atv. AC 700 efi, It rips pretty good.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

What are you hoping to get for that little tent trailer? You can PM me with some deets.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I had sketched out a trailer like that a while back. Kinda like a mini-toyhauler. Everything in front of the atv would be a mini “teardrop” trailer, no bigger than a Queen Mattress in total. Still had the racking above ATV with room for RTT.

ATV, RTT, trailers….gahh I need to go camping.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Once I get an idea in my head…

Picked up the new project, 6 bolt axle, brakes, heavy duty for sure. LEDs already wired with reverse lights too. No major rust. Started painting the other trailer and I’ll do this one too once the welding is done on it.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The Fleetwood all painted up in Desert Sand. It’s a cool little camper I really wish we could have used it more. But I won’t be really upset if we had to keep it. I love it’s size and look now.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Trailer looks great!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Agreed, it looks quite sharp. Should sell quick when camping is allowed again.

Your kijiji trailer looks pretty solid to build off of. Have fun buddy!

Toy-Yota
    Participant
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Looks like you found good use for the LC’s Mud Terrains. They are stuffed into those wheel wells, looks straight up awesome!
    How snug are you hoping to get the ATV to the underside of the RTT rack?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The goal is to have a few inches to spare and then adjust it from there if need be. Yeah I’m glad I could use those tires for something because I was having trouble selling them anyway.

Primed it and got a little paint on it yesterday hopefully we can finish it up today.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Looks good in tan rather than rust/black.
    Did you find a buyer for your little pop-up trailer already?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

No I’ve had a little bit of interest but not as much as I thought. I’d really like to sell it before I get a roof top tent, because they’re $$$.

Here’s the final product. The rack ended up being higher than I wanted so I might redrill and lower it a little. Paint turned out OK. So now I have to lower the rack, install tongue box, Battery and switch panel, spare tire, and awning. Then she’s done basically. I ran etrack inside and welded in a couple tie downs

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The trailer looks great! Are you going to lift it to match the LC ride-height? I had to do that with my last trailer, but it was say lower than yours.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

So it’s spring under and I got the perch’s to weld on to do a spring over. I think I will just to have it match the truck better. I like the way the tires sit in the wheel wells now but I think it needs a little more height overall.

Ordered a tent hopefully here next week, and the tongue box too. Then I can start wiring the deep cycle in. I’d like to do a propane mount too, water cans.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024