Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

here it is.  it has wrap around sides to protect the bed. 

gtilford

That is a great looking bumper

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

it doesn’t look anything like that now.  lol  covered in “patina”.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Slick I’ve always liked the look of that bumper on your truck, I think mine will be similar, except with two swing outs for tire and highlift/gas can.

4wheel parts sent me 3 front shocks and one rear so they have to order another rear.

Other than that, no more leaking gas tank, I did rear powerstop brakes and new calipers and I think I got the pedal feeling good again. It was soft. Tightened up the squeaking belts, put a small light bar on the front because the headlights aren’t too great. I’m going to get some more metal for the bumper and start on that soon too.

Toyota Tom
    Participant

Things are coming together! Can’t wait to see what this is going to become.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

So friggin pumped, the lift turned out really good. Higher than a thought it was going to be, which is fine because once the bumpers and winch get on it’ll settle a bit. The 255/85s I don’t think look too bad, definitely could use more tire but for our trip to moab the fuel mileage and less sound will be welcomed.

Been hacking away at the trailer too, getting a spare tire mount ready to go.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Did my best to get started on the bumper, going to be much like my last one, except dual swing outs. Had to cut out the rear crossmember, and notch the frame out so I could get the bumper low enough to clear the gate

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Great start Evan!  Post up the swingout hinges and latches you use, a dual swingout on Redee  would help solve my spare tire troubles, while lookin’ pretty badass.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looking good!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Always my favourite part of the build, took a rain day today and made some serious progress. Very excited overall.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The latches and hinges are from princess auto.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yay another rain day!

Toyota Tom
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Well at least somebody was happy about the rain today… bumper looks amazing!! Nice fuel can too..</p>

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Took it all apart and removed it for paint. I got some Por15 again so when that gets here I’ll get it all painted. After that I have to get the front end resealed, alignment, and a 255 spare. Then we leave for Moab!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey Evan that bumper looks great!  Can’t believe how quick you got that together.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024