Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Gonna start another trailer with those 32s?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yes sir they’ll end up on something this winter for sure. I bought a stand up jetski today, 91’ 550SX Kawasaki, pretty much stock except an oil injection delete.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That JetSki looks wicked! But tell me more about that First Gen. keeper or flipper?

Back to the jetski, I’ve been looking for a similar unit (half-assedly) for a couple summers, but can’t draw up the commitment to buy one. Too much work for me to drag it to the lake, and no place for the kids. Also, I’m afraid I’ll like it too much and simply abandon my family days at a time haha. I’ve been a licensed pleasure craft operator for 17 years, still yet to buy/rent/borrow/try a jetski…the fear of falling in love is real. Like a crotch rocket on water is what I imagine.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The jet ski is a small investment with a big return on fun. We were wake surfing on my friends 100k wake board boat and we were honestly having more fun on the jet skis.
    They’re simple, cheap and easy to fix and really fun. They’re also quite safe for the girls to use and even a younger kid if you have an open sandy lake to learn on like Erie. They’re easy to get up on and hard to ride, I thought it would be the opposite.

The 4runner on the trailer was just a friend who had a wheel bearing go bad, and needed a rescue.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Winter using the old girl, I drained most of the fuel, stabilized the rest and added some fogging out. And tried to drain most of the water out.

Threw some 28s on the Rubicon and after some deep water fun I decided to get a snorkel for it to. Should be done this weekend.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Got a snorkel fitted last night on the rubicon too. Really excited to test it out

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Those tires and snorkel look wicked. Looks like you’re ready to forde about 60” of water! Got a set of chest waders to go with it?

Glad to hear the Jet ski delivered on fun. I’ll be winterizing my bike this weekend, just gonna drain the carb, fill the tank, and coat the cylinder with motor oil.

Toy-Yota
    Participant
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Was glad to sell a couple and make some more space. And then just when I had the garage cleaned out, I went to look at this little unit. 86’ 4wd, recently painted but had some structural holes underneath so I couldn’t pull the trigger.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Too bad about the rust underneath… Looks good outside and interior!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’ve been MIA lately on here but I’ve been checking it every couple weeks to see what’s up with everyone.

I have sad and exciting news. Let’s start with the part time t case kit I bought from marlin crawler. I started putting that in today, I made sure the 60 series hubs were going to work first. And they did, so I moved onto the tcase which has been fighting me the whole way through but it’s disassembled at least. Tomorrow I’m hoping to to get the bearing pressed off that I need, and I have to get a long pair of snap ring pliers to get one ring off so I can delete the viscous couple in the case.
    It’s a bit complicated compared to the gear driven mini truck cases that’s for sure.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The other news is the reason I’m thrashing on it all the sudden. I put it for sale a month or two ago because the market was good. And it sold! Guy is flying in from Manitoba next week or possibly end of this week to drive it back home. So I’m going to meet him at the airport.

My plan is definitely to get something else, I 100 percent want to build a pickup truck this time, I want to build a functional flatbed hopefully. More of an overland style build because we’re not wheeling as hardcore as we used to.

So I’m thinking any gen Tacoma or first gen tundra possibly. I’ve thought about a first gen power wagon even (one ton axles, hemi, factory lockers, factory winch, build a narrowed and bobbed bed for it.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The last time this truck will be in this stop.

I pressed off the bearing today to swap it onto the spool for the part time kit but I bent the cage and had to order a new one which I overnighted so we’ll see if it shows up tomorrow.
    I broke a bolt in the case which I welded and got out.
    I have to get a filter from Toyota to do the oil for the new owner, and a I’ll do fresh fluid in the diffs and tcase too.
    I put the third row seats back in and cleaned it up a little and took out all my person belongings

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Two other updates, I ordered these wheels from 4wp because they were on sale. Bronze, T series 17×8.5. Hopefully I find something cool to put them on haha. I want to do 35s again.

And I found this 2nd Gen Tacoma in Alberta I’m interested in but it has 300k, 6 speed manual, coastal Offroad bumpers, full aluminum skids, no rear locker.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Happy New Years Evan!
    That’s big news indeed for the LC, hope the new owner enjoys her as much as you did.

The struggle is real to find 6-speed trucks! Slush boxes and 3rd gens are everywhere, but the good stuff is hard to come by. Best of luck to you finding your next epic Toy!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024