Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Making small additions, ordered 100 feet of 3/8 synthetic from Ranger, seems good overall, 20,500 lbs capacity, I didn’t get a hook just a D-ring and I might get a factor55 style hook later on but for now this is fine.

Also get my second toolbox setup and organized!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Cabin looks awesome!! Just need to dig yourself a moat or deep trench for when society collapses.

It takes soo long to get toolboxes sorted out, I’m still rearranging drawers in 2 boxes I got a year ago. Then for a couple weeks I look to the wrong drawers everytime.

Keep up the good work man.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I really gotta get into the garage to organize my tools.

I spent 20′ looking for a torque wrench to lend to my neighbour…

Over the winter, I tend to put things away quickly and not in the right place because it’s f-ing cold and I just want to get in the house to warm up! I’m paying for that now…

Toy-Yota
    Participant

It’s so true, it gets way too easy to just throw tools wherever is convenient.

I’m back To work now so the wrenching on the truck will probably slow down for a bit. I’m on the hunt for some 315/75r16 tires though if anyone has anything or sees some around. I also need to order a center diff lock button and install that which is easy.

Work stuff will keep me busy for a while now 🙁 On the plus side I just got this machine with a bunch of attachments so let me know if you need any work done!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice! I’d call you if that mini-ex was bigger.

I have to re-do a 60′ x 5′ retaining wall in my back yard eventually… I want to dig back about 15′ into the hill and rebuild the wall using “Rosetta Stone” cast boulders. The material I dig will be put up onto the hill, so I don’t have to pay to haul it away.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That’s a smart move! I just sold the bigger excavator I had too. Oh well maybe I’ll find another.

Today I stepped up to big boy tires. 37×12.5r17, they’re big and heavy. But fit the truck really well I think. And they were a good deal.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Those tires look great on there! Any trimming required?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’m going To have to trim a little in the front fender area around the body mount for sure.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

To the 37’s, Wow! They look like a perfect fit within the wheel wells. Should have no troubles reaching the Doomsday cabin, even with the ‘mini-ex moat’ and boobie traps.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

So much for building an overlander LOL, I couldn’t find any 315s and these were a steal and bolted right up so I did it.

I’m gonna run them for a bit and see how it goes, it’s a bit of a dog but it doesn’t drive too terribly. Still need to find a spare though!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

When I swapped the 37s I noticed my wheelbearings had looses up a lot and there was quite a bit of play. It’s not in my personality to drive it like that. So I tightened them up. I’m getting To be an expert at Toyota axles lol

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Is there not a castle cap and cotter pin to keep them from loosening off? They couldn’t have been torqued to spec…

I broke a breaker bar trying to loosen mine off when I changed the hubs/bearings. Had to use a high torque air impact gun to get them off.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Slick, if it’s similar to the 4Runner, than that’s the second axle nut (jam nut) and the first has a locking-tab washer to prevent it from backing off.

Toys, what size were the old tires? 33s/35s?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

ah, Tacomas only have 1 nut with the castle cap or 1 castle nut. Being that 1 of mine was replaced under warranty, 1 had the castle nut and 1 had the castle cap – can’t remember which…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024