Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey Evan, until the site host, server gets upgraded, we’re on a one picture per post limit.  Not ideal, but it’ll work in the meantime

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The final product.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The before picture of the bulky bumper. My friends are bugging me about how the light bar looks so out of place so I might change it up.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I washed the truck yesterday bc it was nice out. I sprayed off part of the frame and here’s what it looks like underneath all the undercoating. I’m pretty happy with it  

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

That’s pretty clean!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

The chop looks good man! Will the whinch fit in there?

Frame looks awesome, hope the rest looks that clean.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’ve been sick the last few days and it’s not been good for my kijiji addiction. Here’s what today’s haul looked like.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

It’s a 2007 Fleetwood Neon, single pop out, previous owner lifted it and put some 31×10.5 Duratracs on it. And built some sliders for the side that double as gas/water can holders, some of the welding on the sliders isn’t great but I already got them pulled off to be cleaned up and painted. Hopefully this setup works a little better, it’s quite a bit smaller than my last one.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

The trailer was up in Alliston, and on the way I up I remembered there was a warn winch on kijiji in Angus which is close by. So I got two birds stoned at once, and picked up this XD9000 with no line which is good because I want to try synthetic anyway. My plan is to cut up the winch cradle it’s in and try to squeeze it between my frame rails which should fit according to my measurements

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Great haul Evan!  Trailer looks lighter, and narrower than the last one, should treat you well on the trails.

Great Ricky-ism, two birds stoned. Winch looks in great shape.

I’m gonna start my rear bumper build, what size steel did you use for your main rear beam? I really like how your bumpers have tucked close to the body, yet still fit a swingout, and trailer hitch.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’ve always used 2×4 steel, I think the way I’ve used it it’s always turned out well, because enough of it can stick under/close to the body but also there’s enough sticking out to protect the body and add either quarter panel protection or enough room for a swing out. Then the swing out is usually 2×2. I’ve learned when building a swing out though, the base of the bumper needs to be secured really well from all points or else it flexes.

Webmaster
    Keymaster

Hello everyone, have changed application that allows file uploads and testing it now with the following limitations: maximum file-size of 4GB and maximum uploads at once is 4 images. You may recognize these pictures as they are re-loads.

Webmaster
    Keymaster

All of you who had issues uploading multiple images at once, please test and let us know how it went.
    Thank you.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Testing out these pictures to see how they work. Today I got the sliders tore off and painted with Por15 and bed liner, I cleaned up the frame on the trailer, relaxed the bearings and put new caps on. Fixed the trailer wiring. And I bought a mount from princess auto and started with the mounting of the Warn. Pretty pumped!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looks like the winch will fit nicely! The sliders look good!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024