Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

My poor friend search for a lot time for a 99.5-04 Tacoma and found a pretty clean one. He rolled it last week on the Redhill Expressway in Hamilton. I gave him a call though and convinced him to keep it if he thought it was salvageable. Insurance was going to give him next to nothing, and we all know the value of these Tacoma’s has gone up so he’d never be able to buy another one with his insurance money. So he’s ordered a few body panels, and is going to try to straighten out the cab a bit and just run it. ITS A WHEELING RIG NOW! Better get tons and 40s under there ASAP

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh man that doesn’t look good, glad your buddy is OK and onboard to CHOP.  I guess there’s always a silver lining….with the truck flopped frame inspection is a breeze, and it looks super clean from here at least.  Hopefully your buddy won’t have to build a frame first.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Man that sucks! If insurance deemed it a write-off, would he be able to rebuild it to get it back on the road?

Toy-Yota
    Participant
    1. Took like 15 hours but so happy it’s done. I replaced wheelbearings and all races, trunnion bearings, one broken wheels stud and all the wipers and seals. I wasn’t too happy about the wheelbearing preload I just couldn’t seem to get it right but hopefully it works itself in.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I dont know what’s going on but it wouldn’t let me make a post. I’ve tried like 5 times and it keeps deleting it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Ugggghhhh I know your pain. I find the trouble comes up when putting pictures and text together…hit submit it shows as there, change page and it’s gone.

Notice any driveability changes since the rebuild?

When I did the preload for IFS , I just cautioned towards the tight side of tolerance, assuming it’d loosen up under abuse.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

1) my problem with posting has been the exact same!

2) driveability I don’t really notice much change, aside from the tires being loud and a lot of sidewalk flex, I think I need an alignment too.

3) I did the same thing bc I didn’t have a fish scale, mine ended up being tighter that I wanted but I think I need a new spindle to be honest, it’s original and 340k km and it had some ridge marks on it, I just decided to run it.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’ve been trying to duplicate errors, but only had the one time when I was trying to post a pic on the Reddee link.  Evan, do you post from your phone or PC?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Only from my phone, because that’s where my pictures are. I thought about trying my iPad yesterday and seeing if it made a difference.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Maybe that’s what’s going on.  Tom was having issues using the phone as well.  I only use my laptop…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Any luck Evan?  I lost more posts today.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

New Project: this guy cut and trimmed his stock front bumper to include a winch, and take the bulky look out of it. Winch plate it bolted between the frame rails. Thoughts, comments, concerns?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey that looks awesome, sounds like ideal fitment too.  Only concern is the not off-road outer bumper, leaves the fender and headlight unprotected.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looks great!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I trimmed my bumper today and washed up the truck took a few measurements to see if a winch might fit. I have pictures of everything but it won’t let me post on my phone or on my iPad

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024