Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Uggh, crappy deal. Lots of wrenching to get into that simple part. Did you have to order any additional parts with the seals? Hub gaskets, wheel bearings or brake pads?

I’ve seen a few street bikes I believe I could flip without much work, but they’re tough to sell around here, especially in December haha. And selling un-certified really cuts down the list price. Don’t wanna sit on anything till spring and have no quick cash should we stumble upon a killer deal. My buddy keeps insisting on motocross bikes, but now that my wife has essentially banned me from riding them (not actually, but in a wifely way), I’m less motivated to put the time in to fix them.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I always sit on bikes till spring. Sell much faster and for more money..

I usually buy off season when they’re cheaper.

I made a seal punch out of some plumbing materials. Took the old seal to the hardware store to size it up… Cost me about $3 😉

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Usually I pry the old one out use it to hammer the new one in center. It’s worked so far. It is a crappy job though. I rebuilt the hubs when I got the truck so I’m going To seal it up and grease it and hope it’s all good!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Today’s haul. I pulled the axle out and noticed the birfield had quite a bit of play and didn’t rotate smoothly on all the axis’
    So I put in the trail safe seal from trail gear, and picked up these bad girls. A buddy in Aurora had them hanging around from a truck he parted out so he gave me a good deal.

Didn’t get a chance to put them back in yet but tomorrow is the day.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh man that’s a sweet upgrade!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

So I got the axle on the one side and I still have to do the other. I got distracted buying this today. Possibly to keep or maybe to flip. It’s in great shape 2400 km. I think I might have it sold but if it falls through I may keep it.
    Someone messaged me about my arctic cat and turns out he wants one with a plow, and this new grizzly has one. So I didn’t even have to post it and it may be sold haha

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Gotta love it when that happens!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Better cash in on that stroke of luck!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Finished the once over on the Grizzly, 2 wheel bearings, some paint, check over the steering, oil and filter and diff fluid

Really pumped about these new lights in the shop. They’re so much better!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Y’all are gonna love the latest project. Man do I hate Jeeps and the people who install these grilles on them. Oh well, in my opinion wranglers have a completely unjustified resale value. They don’t have the reliability that a Toyota has and yet they still retain value somehow.
    But I love how easy used parts are to find, already scored a grille, bumper and turn signals used.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Wow that’s an ugly grille, emphasized by the Massey Fergussen. Pretty awful combination. Putting reliability (and terrible customization) aside, A 2-door wrangler is cool, but I can’t understand how they sell so many at $30k before tax for bottom trim Sport model. Had the displeasure of waiting around a Chrysler dealership for a couple hours ago. All the Grand Cherokee’s were locked.

Good luck on the flip! Already looking better bud!!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Finally got the 30 spline Longfields in! Both sides are done, the front passenger needed wheel bearings and races so I did that too. Feels much better and no sounds anymore. Feels pretty good to drive the Tan Beauty again!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Well the Jeep is gone so that’s good! One less vehicle around the house, now I can replace it with something else.

The lights in the shop have been a great edition and I got a big tube heater that can run off diesel kerosene or jet fuel. My friend at Toronto airport gets me cans of jet fuel that was taken out of my planes when they go in to get repaired. So it’s bright in the shop and warm, definitely helps with motivation

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice! Light helps, as well as heat! The Kegerator is a good motivation to stay in the shop too! lol

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024