Select Page

My First Land Cruiser

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS My First Land Cruiser

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Looks pretty good already man! $250 is ridiculous, but I don’t envy you mounting those by hand.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

We actually high fived at the end because it didn’t take long at all. I was sweating for sure but it really wasn’t too bad.

Here’s the finished product more or less. My friend has to track down the vinyl for the stripes still. And the paint needs to fully cure first because we have to put quite a bit of heat to it.

Difference between the tires too…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Looks awesome for sure. Hope the LC appreciates all your effort to downsize from 37’s.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thanks! I’m happy Overall can’t wait to test it

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Come on out to Ardbeg first weekend in Oct to Get an apples-to-apples test of tires 😎

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’ll see what I can pull off!

Happy overall, sanding down the paint and liner to smooth it out made a big improvement. I had the tires balanced with balancing sand and that worked really well. They’re smooth as can be, this shop that works on Hino trucks did it, they said they’ve never had a complaint about the sand and it works well. I can attest to that.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Getting snow tires on everything this year, my superduty and the Bobcat even got them this year.

Poser picture of my Lexus ready for snow.

Bought a project to flip, this Can Am. Did an ignition switch, couple relays and a map sensor. These stinking things are complicated.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The Lexus looks great! I’d like to get a quad, but have been spending too much money on renovations lately…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Do you have a plow mount on the LC? Or just parked near to it?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

^ I was thinking the same thing…

Toy-Yota
    Participant

No mount on the Lexus. Although if I did that I would bet it’s the only Lexus around with a plow on it haha

I sold the Can Am and made a few bucks so that’s nice. Trying to find another project to flip now.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Damn that was a quick flip! Buddy and I haven’t been able to decide on our next flip for months, so we’ve done nothing *face palm*.

Put a plow mount on the wife’s civic, guaranteed the ONLY one haha.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

My years of Kijiji use has turned out to be an asset. Daily searches have taught me what vehicles sell for and what is worth flipping. I don’t pick anything particular to flip. I just look through cars and trucks and specifically atvs everyday to see what’s been posted. And I move on them quickly if it’s a deal. Used stuff is selling for record highs right now because new inventory is a little bit limited. Originally I thought COVID would stifle buying but it hasn’t.

But it’s easy for me because I have a car trailer, and the space to keep things if I have to sit on it. I don’t like to keep things for more than a month though, even if it means ditching the price and getting it gone. I’d prefer not to keep stuff around.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I do the same thing. Keep an eye out every day and jump on the good deals when I see them.

I just bought a ’72 Honda SL100. I overpaid a couple hundred ($500) for it, but was more interested in the connection to the family I bought it from. They are a huge Mopar family and I happen to have an old Mopar! Can’t beat connections. They’re good people too!

I probably won’t make much on this bike, but I’m sure I won’t loose money…

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That’s just it with a lot of this stuff, when you know you won’t lose it’s easy to make a decision.

Update on the cruiser: I’ve had a leaky inner axle seal for a while and I finally ordered the parts so I’m going to fix it soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024