Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Ah, looking good in it’s natural habitat!!!!

Jason
    Participant

Your Runner looks awesme @

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thanks guys! I think this is officially the longest thread on TNTT

looks like you’re very close to gettin’ on the road. way to go dude!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Got insurance on it! It made my policy go down 33 bucks a month which is pretty cool for me being only 25. One of the few perks of getting older.

Having trouble finding someone to safety it because of the lift and tires and bumpers, but my friend lined me up with someone more “lenient” So next week hopefully I can get that ironed out and get some historic plates.

Today I adjusted the valves, did PCV and grommet, flushed coolant and did another oil change because there was tons of moisture in it.

The residue was only on the front part of the valve cover, after I changed the fluids I took it for a long drive and there was nothing on the oil cap when I pulled it, and oil still looked good

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Hey Toy, lemme know if u need to borrow some 245’s for the safety.  I have a set sitting in the garage on 6 bolt rims until May.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thank you so much for the offer Slick, I have a set of stockers, and 31s too, unfortunately it just won’t pass a legitimate safety because the original suspension, braking, steering etc has been altered. So it just takes knowing somebody who will write the safety.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Really thought winter was over, I brought home all my equipment and even pulled the salter off the truck and took the bed off to sell.

That was foolish….

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Less time for the Toyota lately now that work started again. Got my bed test fit though

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Flatbed looks good!

Keymaster

Dig’n the flat bed! Im debating building a flatbed for my Taco I like the utility.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Honestly I really was surprised at how much they cost given how simple they really are.

On a Toyota aluminum is the way to go, the whole bed weighs 300 lbs. Two guys can lift it. Steel was going to weigh around 1000 which kills payload especially when I always have a trailer.

If you can weld aluminum go for it! They’re very versatile and less to worry about.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

First wheeling outing, day before the meet and greet. Got her nice and dirty and tried my best to clean it up. It did well, suspension creaks a lot more than it did before that’s for sure. Power steering box/pump is a little slower but it might be because of the steering stabilizer. I didn’t have one before.

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

New project! 1989 Starcraft, lift and bigger tires, plus build some armor. One owner bought new its decently clean

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024