Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Took the wife to the beach, it really is the perfect beach cruiser.

Been so occupied this month with work projects, put a new engine in one of my mowers.

Going over the diff in my Powerstroke.

My parents saw this on the way up north and asked me if it was a friend of mine haha. Looks like a friend I’d to have, anyone recognize it?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Tony on sontt used to have an exo-skeleton on his 4 runner, but it was white and not quite that configuration.  That’s cool as hell though!

Your rig looks perfect on the beach!!!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Great beach weather indeed! Must not be a coincidence that these 4Runners incite beach days!

I used an un-paid sick day yesterday to do some mental health work.  Spent 2.5 hours “heading West” with the only intention to hit Lake Huron.  Using only dirt roads, no map of the conventional sense (sun and moon as my compass) and general spatial awareness, I ended up on a No Winter Maintenance road that ended at the beach, about 40km north of Goderich.

Glad your shop has been productive lately.

Have you replaced that atv for your wife yet?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Very bittersweet, I sold my 4runner yesterday, instant sellers remorse. A guy named Tommy bought it from St. Catharines, super cool dude.

I Definitely know it’s going to be one of those vehicles you look back on and regret selling but I’m ready to build/buy something different that’s easier to road trip in and not have to trailer. I said I’d only sell it if I got a certain amount and if it was to the right person, and it was. He works in Hamilton so I’m sure we’ll see the truck around. I told him about the forum and said we’d love it if he keep documenting the work done to it and the wheeling trips.

He picks it up this week so I still have the weekend to enjoy it! But it’s weird, definitely never thought I was going to sell it after all the work and time I put into it, but it’s time for something different, I think we may do a road trip to Moab in November so I gotta find something else hopefully by then.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Congrats on the sale Evan. I saw the Sapphire up on kijiji but thought it might just be a “feeler”.  I had sent the link to my buddy, but he’s got his eyes set on a 3rd gen 4Runner.

What’s on the short list for your next build?  SUV? Pickup? Van?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Congrats on the sale!  I totally understand about the seller’s remorse – that’s why I keep my old shit when I buy new stuff… Hence why I have 2 Tacoma and 6 motorcycles….

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thanks guys! Slick knows what’s up, unlike most people I have the space to keep stuff I just need the money to build something else.

As for now I’m thibkinf An overland style build, 4 door Tacoma or an 80 series I think.  To start I’ll probably build a swing out tire carrier for it because I had a lot of fun building the one on my 4runner. Just armor winch etc would be great to start

Toy-Yota
    Participant

With the new owner he’s been keeping in contact with me so maybe he’ll start a thread on here. I bought a new project today so I’ll post pics in a new thread!

Toyota Tom
    Participant

Hi, my names Tommy and I have an addiction… I’m the one who bought Evans pride and joy, I just couldn’t resist lol  He had asked me to continue on the forum for the truck build and I was iffy about it but I think I’ll give it a whirl.

This is my third first gen 4runner,  i got into rock crawling and off-roading and when it was time for me to start building a truck it was a no brainer I needed a Toyota. Found an ad for an 88 4runner and as soon as I seen a picture with the top off… bam I was sold, coolest truck I ever did see…. I’ve built that truck over the last few years but still needed all the real expensive stuff ( solid axle swap, gear drive tcase, gearing) and it has the 3.0 V6 witch I’m not to crazy about. Evans had all that done turn key ready to go, so I decided to buy that instead of wasting more time workin and more time wheeling!

Here’s the crew 

Toy-Yota
    Participant

She always wanted siblings.

Glad your gonna give us a few updates! What’s the plan with the other 4runners now?

Toyota Tom
    Participant

As far as my new truck goes I haven’t done much to it yet, brought it home and got it on the road finally.  Few little details here and there by nothing crazy. I robbed the barn find(white/gold 4runner) of the rear mudflaps and cleaned them up, thought they looked nice.  I need to fix the tailgate, it’s missing the window channels that connect the window to the regulator, it’s common for them to rot off.. so if anyone knows where to find some that would be kickass.

Her new home next to the tow rig.  

Toyota Tom
    Participant

The barn find will continue to get robbed of its 22re as a backup/parts motor, solid front axle and the tcase.  Then our buddy Jeff is dieing for the interior Cause it’s actually really good shape and it matches his Texas truck.

The brown truck I’m still undecided what to do, realistically I don’t need two trucks, going to at least keep it until spring and finish up a couple more things on it. Sell it.. make it a mud truck… or a winter beater… I don’t know… the Ifs is pretty beat so it would need a lot of front end work to sell it in somewhat good order… or a SAS

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Welcome Tom!  Nice collection!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh no, a first gen for sale, makes my wallet and wife nervous!  Let us know if you do decide to sell, some of us are also addicts.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Maybe Finn will chime in , I think he has a bunch of parts around, he may have some rear window peices.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024