Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Got lots done today, steering stabilizer installed new, clutch in (again) rear shock mount welded, bumper all done. And measured and installed bump stops

Had to move the rubber for the bump stops forward a bit because I stretched my wheelbase.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Build rear bump stops and added a leaf to the rear because it sagged a bit more than I would like with the bumper and tire carrier

evan, it’s lookin’ like you’re gonna get this thing built n on the road before your busy season starts!

looking good dude, when do you think we’ll see it?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thanks! My goal is to have it done by April, like you said I get stupid busy and won’t have much time to wrench on it. I really want to make it out to a coffee meet sometime in April to show it off!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Got the trans back in, for anyone interested in doing this job. If you have an engine hoist, it’s amazing lifting the trans up through the floorboard and balancing it that way. All went in perfect, starter installed, dual case member in too.

yeah, that sounds a whole lot easier than bench pressin’ that lump up into place. do you think you’ll have the beast on the road in time to make the april bull $h!t sessions? i’m lookin’ forward to seein’ your handiwork.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

When’s the April meet? I’m really Hoping to be at the meet and greet may 6th in mississauga, that one might be a bit easier for me to get to!

Got it fired up this morning! I still have things to button up.

check out “woodstock bull $h!t sessions” in answer to your question. it’s a monthly gig

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Orange Saphhire isn’t really orange anymore, maybe it’s time for a new name. First time moving under its own power in a long time, finally outside enjoying the sun! Beyond excited!

your’s comes outta the shed n mine just got dragged in!

it’s still got orange on it so it qualifies for orange saphire

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

she looks good dude!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thanks guys.

Todays progress, pulled the bumper off and welded up the tabs for the turn signals, and wired them in using leftover factory connectors and shrink wrap. Then I welded a hook to the stinger to hook the winch cable too and added the winch. Re installed it and it’s all good.

Gauge cluster wasn’t working, the engine fuse in the kickpanel was blown so I changed it and it worked. But when I put the reverse lights on it blows again so I need to figure that out.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Instead of finding faulty wiring today, I bought stuff to do my exhaust and I installed this!

Note to everyone on TNTT: copper nickel brake line is superior to steel. And I had some leftover braided lines so I ran them on the back axle too.

Got all line plumbed In and hooked up, and bled the master. really hope everything bleeds ok.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

today I stuck plates on and went for a quick test drive. Brakes are hard with the v6 master and stock booster but can always change that out later. Rear brakes need some adjustment and gotta play around with the proportioning valve.

other than that it went well! I need to swap the alternator, wire up the brake master cap light and some other odds and ends before I do a safety.

I’m concerned about an oil leak above the water pump but I have a few options to try before I do anything major

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Got my TRD stickers on, hey it does have a rear locker and skidplates 👍🏻

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024