Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Jesus, when was that? Up at Ardbeg?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I think he was up there last week.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Awesome photo, hopefully the wheeling continued afterwards.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

OH yeah, that looks like – push it back on all 4’s and way you go!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Updates Tommy texted, thought you guys would think it’s cool

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Ardbeg was good, our group had a range of vehicles and skills. A friends totally stock new rubicon did really really well, he had never been off-roading before so it was fun seeing him build confidence. Then an open diff JK on 35s, my friends SAS first gen Runner elocked front and rear on 36s and then me with the Lexus.

Everyone came into camp on different days so we really only wheeled a little. Camped up on the hill just before Round Lake.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I just realized I posted this in the 4runner thread not the one for my 80 haha

Toy-Yota
    Participant
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice to see it get used for what it was intended for. Cool exo-skeleton. I’ve seen that before on “Whiterunner” who used to be in SONTT.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I love that the Sapphire is getting used, but I still cringe and shed a tear whenever I see the battle damage. I guess that’s why I’m building a much less capable truck, avoid the temptations of the hard line.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah definitely cool to see the owner using it. I always wanted to build it into something more capable than it was so I’m happy To see that.
    With that said I do miss the capability a lot, even though we’re doing less and less actual crawling and my friends selling their built trucks and buggies.
    The cruiser was a good in between for me. I think basically I just need something lifted and has lockers. The open diffs in the tacoma don’t work well enough for what i intend to use it for, especially with the trailer.

Things may be changing around with my business and so I’m always Thinking of what the ideal vehicle is for me, seems like it changes as time goes on and probably will continue to.

Viewing 11 posts - 271 through 281 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024