Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Lifted! Got new 72” 3500 lb axle, new leafs to replace the torsion axle. Spring over. Gussets everything. I have a bigger set of tires and rims to go on. Rides better than it did before.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Just got these basically new 35×12.5 Baja Claws, unfortunately I bought 4 Of them and one has a steel street lock rim instead of the pro comp alloy. Called around and Pro Comp discontinued that rim. The alloy 1028 satin black. So I’m up the river….. hard to sell three rims. Now I now why they were so cheap. The tires are worth what I paid anyway. My old set are for sale.

oh hell evan, just slide a pair of the old ones under the trailer

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Ahh ya painted the spare black today too

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Saweet!!!!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Got the rock sliders and cab corner guards welded up. My truck doesn’t even have sliders yet!

Keymaster

Looks Great! Good idea! a little beef never hurt.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Hopefully I don’t need to use them but the trail we run every year is pretty gnarly and tight. The material for the sliders is pretty thin walled but hopefully it’ll keep the trees away from the siding on the trailer.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

First fully legit drive, safetied it yesterday and got historic plates this morning and it’s all good to go. Adjusted brakes so they feel tight. And replaced some missing bolts in the tcase lol. Then locktighted a bunch of stuff

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

legit 8)

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Well I really thought long and hard about buying the BigRunner from Tom. Went to see it this morning and he really is a stand up cool dude. Ultimately it worked out well for another buyer to take it. I just wanted to steal a lot of the good parts from it anyway so I think we would both rather see someone buy it, clean it up and wheel it.

I would have been stressed trying to get everything put together before our trips too, so it’s for the best. Gotta say though, that thing is rad, it’s built well. The previous owner just BUILT IT SOOO HIGH. Wish we got pics of it next to mine

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Evan buddy, had a great time chatting up 4Runners, and brainstorming build ideas.

I had the same though to snap a pic of the first gens, but it slipped my mind by the time I retrieved my cell phone. I compared to the ’86, and at the end of the bedrail, the big truck stood a full 8″ taller!!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That is pretty nuts, it was definitely a big runner. Keep us updated on the red truck now that you have a bit more space to work on it!

hey evan, is the orange saphhire gonna make it to ardbeg? hope to see you up there buddy!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024