Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Not bad for 10-hours at all. Are these going to be welded on or bolted on?

your buddy has a sweet 4Runner too! Going first-gen crazy here!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>My friends 4runner is so well built it has everything that you could want on a first gen. The sliders, </span>I welded them on, the steel that the frame is made from wasn’t the easiest to weld to but I got it done. Here’s some pics

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

nice job!  looks like you need some door weatherstrip pins. I might have some…

evan, between you n tom, you guys keep this builds subforum going! keep at it. us ole fawkers don’t work as fast as you young punks do.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Good eye slick, my friend is scrapping his Xtracab so I grabbed the weather stripping and the clips from his truck! Took an SR5 gauge cluster too and the windshield trim.

No kidding Finn, I haven’t worked much because there’s been no snow so I’ve had lots of time to tinker.

Got a light bar at princess auto yesterday and installed it today on my bumper.

HEADLIGHTS

Headlights with light bar on

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh man those sliders look like a whole lot more than you spent. Great work man.

Spotted a Boler on a cruise with my girls yesterday. Heading home from Alliston, took a road we’ve never driven before, and this was just before the dead end.

Looked in good shape, def sitting a while though.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That thing is awesome and it matches your Runner. I wonder if they’d sell it. What would you pay for something like that? I know they’ve gone up in value since people like the older look of them.

Been chipping away at my truck tonight in the shop, I finally got my twin shifter boot for the tcase. Wired up the CB which has been a long time coming. And I swapped out my gauge cluster, hopefully I have a working temp sensor now. The electric one I got doesn’t seem to be working for some reason. I’ve been 5 years without. I would always get random temperature overshoot and the gauge would climb and it always made me nervous.

I just need to take note somewhere of the kms of the old gauge now because I’ll need that when I renew my sticker haha!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Don’t think I’m in the market for a trailer yet, no idea what a Boler is worth. Gonna work on backyard camping with the girls this spring/summer, hopefully do an overnight or weekend at a Provincial Park if all goes well.

I’ll send you a pinpoint on a map if you wish to pursue that boler. There wasn’t a For Sale sign, Zi just recall you had an interest in them.

Sounds like you were pretty productive while waiting on the flakes to fly. We got 5-10cm last night, made the drive to work today much more fun.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah text me the pin! I’m always looking into flipping neat projects. Millennials and tiny house enthusiasts pay a premium for these stupid little things according to the kijiji prices I just searched. Mind you the ones on there are well outfitted.

Provincial parks are perfect to start out.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’ve been looking for a Boler for a while now.  People want a fortune even for sh!t boxes!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

You should definitely check that one out then it looks pretty cool!

SIDE NOTE: Does anyone have experience with portable air compressors. I’m thinking the 12v ones that clamp to your battery is probably best for me. If I came across a deal on an ARB one I could go that route but I like the idea of the portable ones coming in a bag and staying out of the elements. Rather than wiring one into the engine bay.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Evan, I just sent you a text for the lication of the boler.

Slick, just sent you a pm with my cell number, I’ll send you a map pin also.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Replied and sent you a text.  Thanks!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Have a stuck brake calliper that I’m addressing And  finally tracked down a coolant leak coming from the thermostat housing so I just got a new gasket and will finish putting it in today. did an oil change as well.

Also a friend of mine in the Dundas area is selling his BJ 60.  It is a five speed 470,000 km, body and frame is awesome.  ARB air lockers 2 inch old man emu lift 33 inch cooper Discoverers. Really cool truck here’s a pic, somewhere around $15k

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

3 snow blowers in ur garage?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024