Select Page

Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Home Forums CLUB CHAT Wheeling and Truck Pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Wakey wakey barn find first gen. Time to be awesome again!

Just took delivery of this truck on Fathers Day, 10-months after leaving a first deposit. Thanks again to an awesome seller, who was ok with an informal payment plan.

Time for the work….scratch that….Time for the adventure to begin.

Ps. Somebody buy the BigRunner!! Sam needs a new/used DD commuter, and I’m out of parking spots. Ahhhh!!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looks like she’s in good shape!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Tell us more about the first Gen!

Is your truck on kijiji right now? The 89 with a 3.0? I’ll tell my buddies

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Congrats Tom,BigRunner needs a good home,someone on here needs to keep it in our little group.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I’ll be making a build thread shortly to capture the awesomeness.

Coles notes.  1986 model year, originally 4-cyl manual, but converted to Chevy 350cubes, and 3-spd auto with Advanced Adapters. Has 4.10s and air lockers front/rear.

Plan is to be a Summer beach cruiser and adventure truck. Pretty sure fuel economy will be the determining factor on just how far these adventures take me. No O/D is gonna suck (gas).

First order of business, eliminate 15-years worth of powerful mouse stank, and start the certification process.

selling the BigRunner to free up driveway space (grid locked now), free up cash, and get Sam a new/used commuter. Her Caravan is about to bite the dust.

I posted BigRunner in the trading post, and included a kijiji link. Deals to be had for forum members.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Quick lone run in Waterdown this evening

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Tom sold the bigrunner so I will hold down the fort for first Gen 4runners until he gets his 86 on the road!

Half top is on just gotta paint it

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Evan, can’t let you go semi-topless solo. Picture of the 1986 with the CanBack posing in my driveway

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Looks awesome! Now that you have all that free driveway space to work. That should air the smell right out, leave it open until about February!

Hows the wife’s new daily?

Nick_386
    Participant
    • Gotta figure out and acquire or make the missing pieces for the soft top definitely need to get the hard top off and enjoy the reality of 1st gen
    Nick_386
    Participant

First run with the big runner doesn’t exactly flex as much as I thought it would / driver error for a terrible line

Toy-Yota
    Participant

How are the new tires?

I’ve never found that off the shelf springs flex well on any of the trucks I’ve built. My setup right now (rear-up-front and F150 springs rear) works so much better than my friends Trail gear/allpro set ups. And it’s way cheaper too.

I think first picture was a 4 leaf setup which I broke twice lol and second is a 6 leaf pack.

Nick_386
    Participant

Toy-Yota you seem like the guy to bounce ideas off of and trail with the new tires are amazing only have had them aired down to 12 psi so far and only spun on a vertical rock face in the pouring rain

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Nice! Anything you need let me know, 12 psi is a good number, I’ve never had beadlocks so I’m always scared to blow a bead. And greens mountain is the only place I’ve ran that I really wish I could air right down.

couples shots from years past to keep it going. I’m going Out next two weekends so I’ll have new ones

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Way back when my addiction was still forming…  SONTT wheeling ardbeg July 2010

Ardbeg South 2010

Good luck to the guys who made it out to Ardbeg for 2018.  See you out there next trip…..(perhaps Fall 2018??)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024