Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

LOL, we replaced this shed with one of the bigger plastic sheds on a concrete foundation so I drug this one back into the woods (we have 9 acres) and put all my junk back there instead of storing it around the shop or container. The only people back there are hunting and if they want to go in there and drag a winch or spare tire nearly a Km back to their car, then YOU DESERVE IT! 🤘🏻

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Inner axle seals changed out

And I lowered the back a couple inches I think it looks a little better. Here’s shots to compare:

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Elbow deep in a knuckle rebuild, really glad I did. 6/8 knuckle studs on the passenger side were loose, haven’t gone into the driver side yet but I’m sure it’s similar. The grease is there was a terrible colour too, so I’ll repack everything and I have Low Range backing plate eliminators with the brake line holder, new wiper seals, and ECO seals which are awesome.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

nice work!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Knuckle rebuild was a nightmare, nothing was going right I’m glad its done. The diff was leaking too so I sealed that. Put new locking hubs too they look a lot better. Did new pitman arm and tie rod too, painted the calipers and painted the high steer arms. It’s coming together, gotta do an alignment and brakes/ebrake and then the chassis Work will be done. And then I just need to figure out the rear window, and delete the key if room buzzer. Oh and do an exhaust.

evan, at this rate, you’re going to be bringin’  orange saphire to the march bull $h!t sessions. keep at ‘er dude

Toy-Yota
    Participant

LOL thanks for the encouragement Finn. I would love that, I don’t think I’ll put it on the road until April though, I’ll wait for all the salt to be gone. Just when I think it’ll be close I remember all the work that still needs to be done. Starting to think I should have bought a built truck, but I guess you guys on the forum wouldn’t benefit from that

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Keep at er dude!  glad to see someone working on thier rig!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

This had to happen today. It took me an hour and a half to pull the tranny which I didn’t think was too bad. This was the symptoms: Trans in neutral, and tcase in 2wd, the driveshaft was spinning. I know it’s somewhat normal with cold temps that the rear output will spin a little. So I pulled it all off and the clutch was completely seized to the flywheel. I had to pry it off with a big pry bar. So I’m going to resurface the flywheel, and get an Aisin clutch kit.

Dissappointed in myself to be honest, I should have changed all that when I had the body off and engine out. But budget is getting tight on this truck, the bearings and small maintenance parts are nickel and dime-ing me to death.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I learned a really cool trick, I was having a really tough time getting the pilot bearing out of the back of the crank. I don’t have a puller, so I watched a video of people putting grease, wet bread, or peices of wet paper in and then hammering it in. So I used paper, jammed a bunch in, hammered, jammed more in, and hammered. You just need a bolt that fits snug in the inner race.  Low and behold it pushed it out!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

hot damn, that’s a pretty cool trick!

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I thought it was pretty cool! Started welding up and fitting the rear bumper with swing out. Here’s our will look in the end

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Moving along, fully welded with gussets and did do the wrap around sections

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looks like you were able to keep it straight!  That’s hard to do….  Did you use a jig of some sort?

I can’t wait ’till I have a garage again!

comin’ along nicely evan. you gotta take a break though, come out to the viking coffee meet tomorrow. ha ha

slick, i keep tellin’ ya, i know where there is one n it’s got your name on it!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024