Select Page

The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 85' 4Runner Orange Saphhire

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 281 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

It did okay, my 7.3 was having some issues so this was a friends Ram. This was a guys trip though no wives allowed!

We did have to shuffle the weight around once we got on the 401 it actually need more tongue weight it was starting to sway at higher speeds.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Evan, have any planned mods or required repairs once the 4Runner is off the road this winter?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah actually thanks for asking:

to to do list is as follows:

-fix blower motor (changed the resistor and got it working again in all fan speeds but it sounds like it’s full of marbles)

-add in line coolant temp sensor because the gauge on the cluster has never worked properly

-wire up CB radio

– would love to figure out the rear window, kinda want to by pass all the safeties

– a set of half doors with cupholders would be cool

– I never hooked up the 02 sensor because the one I had off the headed was a one wire style and the one the body of the truck had was the bigger style.

-quiet down the squeaks and rattles.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

About time to put the old Starcraft away, any suggestions for winterizing? I cleaned it out and started by throwing dryer sheets everywhere to keep the mice away

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Toy-Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That’s a pretty manageable list by the looks of it.  I wish you luck chasing sqeaks and rattles, I’m sure that battle will be ongoing.

I can share with you any electrical diagrams you’d need for your 4Runner, I have the Official “Toyota Truck & 4Runner” electrical wiring diagram manual.

@Nick_386
    has the bypassed version of wiring in the Yoda.  Essentially you require a 3-position, 5-pin switch, fused 12V source, and enough wire to reach the tailgate from your drivers seat.  Although I did not finish the rear window hack for @Nick_386, I did de-grime (root cause of failure) and lubricate all the innards of the tailgate, and run all the wires to the drivers seat.  I bought a pair of ebay for $5.  (ebay ad # 262723353364).  With the two tailgate covers removed from the interior side, tap into the two wires going to the window motor, and wire up your switch as per the image below.

My two favourite mods for the rear window are having the centre console switch “always hot”, and installing a secondary switch in the rear cargo area.  For the anytime hot mod, start reading about halfway down the page @ heading “Tired of having to dig out your keys just to open the @*$%-ing rear window? ”  https://www.4crawler.com/4×4/CheapTricks/RearWindow.shtml   Best part, all the interlocks still work for the Lock switch, rear wiper and key in tailgate.  But if your power window relay is pooched, this mod won’t work for you.

Half doors.  If you’re interested in test fitting or test driving around with my half doors to determine how you’d like to alter the design on your 4Runner, just let me know.   No cup holders though.  I’m in no rush to get them mounted up on Redee.

By no means an expert on winterizing, but I remember helping my parents to winterize our Coleman tent trailer by emptying the blue water storage tank, cleaning the 3-way fridge and leaving it cracked open to prevent moisture/mold buildup inside, and leaving it parked with the tires off the ground.  Your roof tarp already looks legit enough to prevent the roof from getting soggy and rotting.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Flipping cars to make some money for my Toyota addiction

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Nice flipper!  How much work that need? Looks super clean.

My buddy and I do the same with atvs and dirtbikes, helps to pad the pockets and keep the skills sharp. Gives me another excuse to hide in the shop too haha

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I didn’t end up doing anything to it except putting a battery in it and freeing up the ebrake. I winched it onto my trailer with my 4runner haha. Sold it in less than a day. It leaked a ton of oil, like a few litres in about a minute!!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I do the same with motorcycles.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Do you guys just try to flip low risk bikes?

I’m just trying to to make a few hundred bucks on each one just as spending money, these two have been a few mins away from my house.

Picked up this 08 Fusion today

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I only flip offroad bikes and atvs, sold as-is where-is no warranty. I look for flashy bikes with bolt on parts and destroyed engine internals. Or even better, when all the parts are present, but in tupperware and baggies. Those are fun for me, I like that puzzle.

My best flip to date was a filthy KX80 I bought for $300, power washed it and put back on kijiji. Sold it a couple days later still broken but clean for $600.

Missed breaking even by $7 on a bike I bought for $100. Another machine I ended up losing $50 when a weak battery let me down. Guy showed up with cash, wouldnt start, guy wanted $50 off previous offer to offset a new battery, I wanted to stop the bleeding haha.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That sounds like fun, bikes and quads are nice they don’t take up much space and they’re a little cheaper to mess with. I have the right set up to do cars so I’m taking advantage while I can. A guy I know heard my friend and I flip cars and that BMW was in his mother’s driveway for 3 years, it leaked oil bad and the center screen didn’t work. Turned out to have the N54 slant 6 twin turbo motor which is apparently very desirable. The best was he wanted it gone so bad that he gave it to my friend and I for FREE. So we sold it the day after trailering it to my place for 1700 bucks

So I took that money and got this fusion and hopefully can make 3 or 400 off this.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I like to buy Japanese bikes, not running.  Usually pay $100 – $500 for them.

Then it’s usually dump the bad gas, change the plugs and battery to get it running.

Typically I double my money on them.  Couple of the best ones:  79 Honda CR250R, bought for $100, put about $350 into it and sold for $750.  87 Kawasaki Concours, bought for $500, put a $30 speedo cable on it and sold for $1000.

I tend to break even on the ones I want to ride for a while.  The 87 Connie that I still have has soaked up a lot of $$$ over the years – I’ll never make my money back on that one.  Hence why I’m keeping it to Frankenbike 🙂

it’s great to see someone makin’ some extra scratch flippin’ vehicles. usually when i flip a vehicle’ it’s totally raisoned n worthless. what am i doing wrong??

Toy-Yota
    Participant

My claim to fame when I flip cars is to show up with my trailer and cash and show you’re serious. I make my offer and I’m not afraid to walk away if the price I want isn’t accepted. Seems to have worked out pretty well so far.

The one thing I’m having a hard time with is buying cars that I don’t like, but that sell well. Certain cars are very easy to sell quickly because they’re popular, but they’re the lamest cars.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 281 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024