Select Page

Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

2 coats of stain on the board. Now working on the batten. Cutting it to length, staining and installing… slowly…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’ve got a good smoke show video. Just have to upload to utube and I’ll post the link.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Your shop looks sweeet! That’s a lot of staining, hopefully you kept hydrated haha

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Ah yes! You can see my hydration source in this updated pic:

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Do one thing really really well.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I do a bunch of things pretty well…. Changed it up tonight with insulation, vapour barrier and drywall inside the garage.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Stopped long enough to have some Scallop Bisque I made for dinner 😋

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Ooops, I forgot to add the quotations. “Steam Whistle, Do one thing really really well.” No harm intended Steve.

Those 3FG from Steam Whistle make a really tasty “unfiltered” version only available at the brewery. Next time you hit up TO, grab a pint at the roundhouse. I’ve eaten lunch there the last couple years that I went to the Auto Show.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Indeed they do! I don’t get out to TO much. Will have to make a mental note in case I do!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got up to the door done now. Put an awning over the garage man door:

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got a new Bradley smoker. Put some bacon and sausage on for dinner tonight. It was F-omg amazing!!!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Finally finished the board and batten siding on the garage mahal:

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got the garage ceiling insulated Sunday. Great Northern quoted me $800 to do it with a timing of ~4 weeks.
    I picked up 6 bags of Pink blow in and 2 bundles of vents. With equipment rental, it cost me $518 and took me 1.5 hours. Good cost savings!

Next step will be to buy a gas heater and have a gas line run to the garage.

I also just received my HEI distributor for the Dodge. That should allow me to get some higher RPMs before needing to change gears.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Gas heater from TSC installed in the garage and the bro-in-law ran the lines to fuel her up. It’s nice having a perpetually warm shop! Buds should dry out even better now!

HEI distributor for the old Dodge was a bust… Runs worse now than before! She goes into storage this weekend, so I’ll have to wait till next year for any changes. Think I’ll go back to Mopar parts.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Messed around with the timing on the Dodge and got it running well just in time to put it in storage!

At least I could do 1 last smoke show before putting her away!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024