Select Page

Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Not really the Dodge or garage, but this will eventually free up space in the garage.

Replaced an old hydro pole retaining wall in the backyard behind the garage. Got an extra 12’ behind the garage now as well as The Great Wall of Dorland.

Before and after pics:

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Quite the mighty wall you put in there! Looks like it should stand the test of time

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

It should, for what it cost! lol

Plugging away at planting vegetation around it now.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Looks great, nice to have the extra space that’s for sure! What did they do for a base?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

A gravel, geogrid, then 1/4″ chip. Levelled, then laid blocks. every couple of layers They put in more geogrid after backfill. Took 2 weeks in total.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got the old girl booked in for some giddy up!

Changing the 2:73 gears to 3:73 and adding a posi.

The day I took her to the shop, I found a puddle of diff fluid on the garage floor.
    Good thing I was taking her in anyway. Weld cracked on the axle housing. They can fix it when they do the gears.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That gear swap will really shake things up! Gonna be a real treat when spring comes around

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

No doubt! Can’t wait! I was hoping for some nice weather before locking her away, so I could light ‘er up… Might have to wait till spring though… She goes in Thursday.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Oooohhhh baby!!!!! Picked up the Dodge tonight. Holy Sh1t does she get up and dance now!

They cleaned up and welded up the broken weld on the rear axle housing and adjusted the timing a bit. Apparently my setting it by ear was only off by a couple of degrees.

Took her out for a little spin and lit ‘er up in front of my Mopar neighbour’s house! Can’t wait for spring! lol

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Update on the track performance. Still running 16’s with the 3:73’s cause I blow the tires off at the light every time…. Hard not to dump the clutch and bury it. Have to ease off a bit, but it’s not in my nature. lol

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Haha how many sets of rear tires are you budgetting for this year?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Funny thing, I’ve been trying to burn off these GoodYear Tiger Paws, but they’re so damn hard! They still look good (aside from being all season tires on a Hot Rod for god sakes).
    I’m sure once I upgrade to a softer summer tire, they’ll burn off much faster! lol

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

You get the dodge out to the drag strip yet?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Had it out back in May, but got same ET’s because I kept spinning the tires off the light. That’ll be the only time this year. It’s developed a charging issue that I’m working on and it was sputtering a bit last time I had it out.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Found a bad ground and a blown fuse. Charging issue resolved. Now need to take it for a good rip to see how she performs!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024