Select Page

Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

For reference, I rented a drywall hoist 6 years ago, paid $75 / week, with $200 security deposit. Had to pick up and return to Mississauga.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The fuel gauge stopped working Saturday. Checking for loose wires, I found 2 bare wires in the trunk (had to crawl in from behind the seats)… Connections at the fuel tank are ok. Haven’t had time to check what these wires affect yet – hopefully it’s that simple.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hoping your gauge troubles aren’t the same as Pickup/4Runners where the potentiometer fails in the tank. Gauge reads fine until it passes “that point” and then falls to Empty.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Unfortunately there is a high potential of that. I’m hoping to find a loose wire had let go…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

The infamous “bad ground”.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, I started the car to move it out of the garage and the fuel gauge was working! I didn’t even do anything, other than wiggle the wires back at the tank…. Whatever, chalked it up as a win and put everything back together after taping up the bare wires I found.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Stopped working again…. guess I’ll have to do something about it.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Finished drywalling the garage ceiling. Tape and mud next.

Also installed 6 – 5000 lumen corn LED bulbs. They were on sale at TSC. It’s like daylight in there at night now!

hey steve, nope, don’t recognize that one pic, but i recognize the fahker standin’ by the the car. you’re welcome on the metal

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Is that your bro-in-law?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Next project in the garage – tear out the rotten window and all the dry rot below it. Melissa was back at work this week, so perfect opportunity to get some quality time in the garage.

Demo:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Framing complete and a real window installed:

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Nice work, did the previous window not open?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

No, it was a sheet of glass framed by 2x4s. Hence why it rotted and everything under it…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024