Select Page

Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick’s 51 Dodge / Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

YES!! Love a quick fix.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Drove to Windsor last weekend to pick up a hood, fenders and trunk hinges for the D-rod. There were only 435 of these cars built for Canada, so parts are scarce as hen’s teeth! It was worth the 5 hours of driving.

Hood is in great condition. To be refinished and installed (eventually).

Fenders might have the back edge cut out to patch into my current fenders, then become wall-art.

The hinges are just in case I decide I want a trunk back (which is a ton of work I doubt I’ll ever get around to).

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

First snowfall of the year here in Shelburne has me pondering winterization for the toys.

When are you packing away the ‘51? Gonna be tucked away in your garage now that you’ve made lotsa space?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I might take it out once or twice this week. Then I’ll tuck her in my heated garage. Still working on cleaning up the garage – never ending process!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

The struggle is real.
    Anytime I clear up space I tuck another project into it.
    What’s your tire tally for the season? Just 1 set of rears?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Oddly enough, I’ve been trying to burn off these stupid GY Tiger Paws (yes, the former owner put all seasons on it! WTF). Considering how many times I’ve been to the track doing burnouts and the fact that I light ‘er up EVERY time I take the car out, I don’t know how these things survive!
    It’s like they’re made out of hard plastic that just spin and don’t even smoke much.

Rant over, lol. I’ll buy a new set in the spring. Something stickier for the track. I want to improve my time!

Had the car out a couple of times this week and I’ll prolly take her out a couple of times over the weekend.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

That’s a legitimate rant, a burnout is only so good without smoke. I remember your plan to erase, then replace those treads. I didn’t realize they survived last year!
    How have your drag strip times changed since your re-gear? I’m glad your ‘51 gets used.
    Oh man I saw so many cool cars today around Orangeville. 30’s Model A, chopped. 50’s GMC dually, slammed. ‘85 Extra Cab, looked damn near oem brand new except for the 33s. RHD ‘90s Supra. ‘60 something C10 with a very big (maybe just loud) motor. Last chance to play with the toys.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Drag strip times stayed the same with the re-gear and posi! Reason being, I blow the tires off at the line every time – stickier tires will help that.

Lots of nice cars out around here too! Just this morning sitting and having my morning coffee, a guy drove by in a rat rod 71 Charger! I’ve seen it once before, but not at any shows yet. Gotta meet that guy, I love that car?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Next year then, you owe it to yourself and M.
    Last cool car guy I made friends with is a neighbour with a 1937 sedan, has a hand start crank. He only brought it home this year, don’t think it runs yet.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well did I make a mistake! I cleaned out and re-arranged the garage and moved the D-Rod right to the back of the shop to make room, so I could change the tires on the Tundra.

Next frosty morning, M says “Wow, I love parking in the garage! No scraping and the truck is warm! I want to park in there all winter!”

Well shit! lol

At least she only parks in there on day shift (for now).

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Ohhh that’s dangerous indeed. When Sam made similar comments I reminded her that it’s a workshop, not a parking space, and anything inside is subject to disassembly. Parking something 1/2 broken or WIP is usually enough to deter her. However, if a big ice storm approaches, I put some effort into getting one of our DD’s inside.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I just asked a new guy at work (older fella, 60-65 y/o) what his favourite car he ever owned was, and he answered “1951 Dodge Buisness Coupe”, to which I replied, holy shit I know a guy who owns one! I showed him your coupe and his face lit up.

He had previously mentioned a 69 GTX, ‘68 3 window van with 340 & 4spd, so I figured he’d owned some cool cars in his time.

Fella says he wants that buisness coupe back, or a ‘48 Anglia (which I still need to google).

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, I guess for the right price everything is for sale…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Finally spent some money on the old girl!
    Bought a set of tires and had them installed last week.
    Also bought a set of LED headlamps for her. Installed and took her for a rip after dark. What a difference!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Headlights look awesome. I’ve been contemplating them for Redee. Where did you get them from?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024