Select Page

annual assault on ardbeg, aug 10,11+12/18

Home Forums MEETS & EVENTS annual assault on ardbeg, aug 10,11+12/18

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Sorry I missed the rest of the crew.  Would have liked to run the north trail with you guys.

Tried to get the kennel to keep the dog an extra day, but no luck…  Was worth coming home early though, cause I picked up this!

xr200

Jason
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>What a fantastic weekend. Cathy and I arrived late Friday night (11pm) everyone was still awake. :)</p>
    Camp life was awesome. Tons and tons of laughs were shared.

We ran the north trail Saturday afternoon.

The plan was to hit the train tracks to take a group photo and turn around and head back to camp.

Well it didn’t happen that way.

When we made it to the tracks I stayed tight to the right hand side so the others could squeeze in and we could take a photo. But it turned out the ditch was over grown and drove/slid into it. Lucky there was a few trees about 8-10″ round that someone had cut but left them about 5′ tall. They dug into the side of my truck and kept it from rolling over.

2 winches and a chainsaw and lot of frantic people and we got it out. Not damage free but we got it out!

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

Jason
    Participant

Keymaster

Wut happened? How did you manage that?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Jason: Might be a bit cliche to say, but “That’ll buff out.”

Sorry if it’s too soon.  Glad nobody got hurt, and you had enough friends around for a solid recovery. With how high up the dents are, pretty amazing that neither side windows were broken.

Slick: sweet bike, will keep an eye on your build thread.  I love buying mostly complete, nearly running machines. Hopefully I can keep this clavicle intact so I can ride my RMZ (or whatever may be in my shop) around Ardbeg next year.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Holy shit J.  Glad you guys were ok and got out in 1 (dented) piece.

@Toys – I’ll definitely have something to bring up to play with from now on.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

@Slick Awesome!!  I’m hoping to get authorization (from my wife, not Doctor) to get back on the bike before the season is over.  Not feeling too confident on that stamp of approval though.

I’ve been trying to convince my neighbour to come along for a riding/camping weekend in Ardbeg for almost 3 years now.  He’s not much for camping, but without a truck, trailer or even trailer hitch, he’s kinda powerless to decide where we’re going to be riding.

Jason
    Participant

@toys-n-yotas. I tryed buffing it out. It didn’t work!! Lol

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Not sure how Cathy feels about it, but my wife Sam would be more upset that I hurt “Her door”than the actual event itself.

A few years back with my old rusty 4Runner, I used a low tree stump as a pivot point (to perform a front dig) to get out of a place I should not have been wheeling. Despite a successful exit with “Security” on our tails, my wife (gf at the time) was still plenty upset about the dent she had to look at everytime she got into the truck.  It was about the size of a baseball, low on the rocker panel….but it was “Her door”.  I evened it up with a headlight to taillight scratch down the drivers side a few months later (unintentionally), and that somehow brought closure to the issue.  I guess the scratch was uglier than the dent in her opinion.  Still I maintain it was unintentional and not a plan I care to endorse.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024