Select Page

annual assault on ardbeg, aug 10,11+12/18

Home Forums MEETS & EVENTS annual assault on ardbeg, aug 10,11+12/18

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

“The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry”. As per usual, I’m not meant to have fun, or so it seems. It doesn’t look like I’m going to Ardbeg. First off, I’ve been dealing with a nasty case of a 7mm kidney stone that hit me half way through my Grand Bend vacation… yippie! Its been dragging on now for 3+ weeks, with no end in sight. The last place I want to be in pain is, in the middle of the bush away from any hospital. If I start having a fever, I need to be in emergency ASAP or I’m in serious trouble.

Second, my scheduled vacation for Ardbeg has been denied, due to lack of man-power… Awesome!

Third, the 4Runner is nowhere close to being ready for trail travel.

Fourth, Im scheduled to work the Saturday, again a lack of man-power.

Kidney stone trumps work, work trumps fun. I have my head down, walking head first in a gale force wind. Maybe next time ?!?!?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

sorry to hear that Ryan.  Next time!

oh man that sucks large buddy. just gonna stir the pot here ryan, quick question. are any of the white collar dudes workin’ on the weekend or is it just the blue collar stiffs while they’re sittin’ at cottage hoisting cold ones? by workin’, i mean out on the floor gettin’ grimy along side you!!!! if you answer no to that you guys havta band together n say F&$k you! we need some of our own time also. yeah, in days past i’ve been there n done that

ok, rant off

hope that gravel pit in your belly dumps out soon

was lookin’ forward to hangin out with you man

Jason
    Participant

Alrighty gentlemen.

My lady friend and I will be there late Friday night 1030-1100.

Thanks Steve for resetting my password

if you’re like alot of people n pickin’ this thread up here instead of reading all of it, may i suggest you check the FIRST PAGE. you’ll find details there.

by the way, my cell # is up in “members only”

jason, glad to hear that you’ll be joining us. see ya up there.

safe travels every one. the viking draggin’ ship is weighing anchor in a few minutes.

T4Runr
    Participant

Sorry guys. I won’t be joining you this year as I have to work to pay off last weekend.  If anyone wants to meet somewhat close to the Orangeville area (within an hr drive) to grab some club decals to bring to everyone.  please let me know and I can meet tonight or tomorrow after 3pm.

WindigoWanderer
    Participant

Sitting on the rock of round lake😆

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

M and I made it. Finn here now too.

WindigoWanderer
    Participant

Just to confirm we have locked down Round Lake. See everyone when you get here.

Keymaster

Have a great time, stay safe, don’t break your rigs.

Oh ! Pics or it didn’t happen.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Mark, thanks for stopping through Shelburne on your way up. Damn this collar bone taking me out of commission at the worst time!!

Looking forward to hearing stories and some pictures at the next event.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I came back Friday night (had to get my dog in the morning).

Finn and Windigo still up there.  we just hung around camp and shot beer cans.  Beautiful weather!

Going to buy a Honda XR200 tomorrow, that I’ll take up on the next trip 😀

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Slick_Yota.

the first annual tnortt assault on ardbeg is now in the annals of history. a good time was had by all(i believe), fire ban an’ all. we had a visit from the M N R saturday nite. they were cool. i could’ve had a $650.oo fine for a lit hibatchi but they just asked to have it and the citronella buckets put out. marek was able to disguise his dutch oven that cookin’  up a killer stew.

yes, some carnage ensued but i’ll let the one involved spill it. let’s just say doors don’t like keep a truck from rollin. but thankfully it was up to the task. ran the north trail to the tracks. what last year was a muddy mess this year would’ve made a camel thirsty

it was great to make new acquaintances, to see old faces.

trust all had safe voyages home.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024