Select Page

annual assault on ardbeg, aug 10,11+12/18

Home Forums MEETS & EVENTS annual assault on ardbeg, aug 10,11+12/18

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Sold the Bigrunner, but still making the Ardbeg trip.

Planning to run the trails on my dirtbike if a buddy comes too, or perhaps ride shotgun if there’s anybody else riding solo.

WindigoWanderer
    Participant

1) finn the kareilian viking

2) 4307

3) Krezz

4) toys-n-yotas

5) Slick_Yota

6) FJTTSE

7)WindigoWanderer

Krezz

I don’t know the area at all but I just read there’s been fires burning up there currently and some think bunny trail is closed.  Realize this is still weeks away but would any of this affect our plans?

https://www.parrysound.com/news-story/8731197-brush-fire-in-whitestone-not-under-control-/

Saw this

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Krezz.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

hopefully they get the 70% chance of rain predicted for this Friday.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Guys, I have to cancel. I broke my collar bone trail riding my dirtbike on Monday. This was less than 36-hours after I unleashed my plan to ride around Ardbeg.

Long and short, wife is suuuuper upset and cancelling this trip is digging up. At least attempting to dig up.

More importantly though, my bike survived with hardly a scratch. Buddy was able to ride it out of the woods half an hour after I walked (limped) out.  Other than the broken clavicle, I’m in a great shape. Hardly even dented my will to ride.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Krezz

Heal well and quick man!

Nick_386
    Participant

I’ve never been to ardeg and am the extremely proud. New owner of the “big 4 runner” from toys n yotas what are all the details camping I’m assuming it’s crown land there?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Congrats on your purchase Nick_386!  A lot of jealous people here!

Yes, Ardbeg is crown land.  Finn will be going up Thursday to nail down a good camp site.  There are a number of good spots to camp up there, but some are better than others.  We normally have a scout go up a day early to get the best one.

Bigrunner will go anywhere for you.  I’ve seen it in action for 7 years and even seen it drag a brand new, crippled Land Rover out of Bobcaygeon.

@Krezz
    – Spoke to M about bringing the bikes up.  She doesn’t want to work that hard – lol.

Nick_386
    Participant

the campsites are they accesable by road truck and trailer? the wife and i would be coming from peterborough and dont really feel like making the 280km trip in the 4 runner when we can just slap it on the trailer and tow it in style with the aluminum unreliable ford ( yes im one of those sell outs and dont own a fancy tundra)

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Nick, glad you made it on here.

There’s an awesome parking spot at the last general store (last spot for gas, and fire permits) before you hit crown land. Pretty sure I paid $10 to park for the weekend. Roughly a half-hour to 45 min drive on one road.

Krezz

No worries about the bikes!

I’ll probably bring mine anyway and roll around.

at tom, what do you mean bail out?!?! you’ve 3 weeks to get used to the pain, you’ll be good to go!!!

at nick, congrats on snaggin’ the infamous bigrunner. oh, n welcome aboard this ship of fools. regarding ardbeg, trailer, or tow rig n trailer can be parked at loggers station in ardbeg( for a nominal fee) or at staging area at black lake. clear lake rd ends at black lake. if i can nail down the site at round lake, i’d suggest drop the trailer at black lake n have your bride follow you in the tow rig to camp. saves on movin’ $h!t from vehicle to vehicle.

WindigoWanderer
    Participant

Finn, what time do you figure you’ll be up there? If everything goes according to plan, which it never does I should be there Thursday night around 830-9ish

Nick_386
    Participant

I’m about 85 percent we are coming as long as it all works out we would b up there Friday before 5

windigo, i don’t see myself up there much before 10pm. work till 5 n the soonest i’d be punishing pavement would be 6 bells. truck will be packed wednesday evening. looking at your eta and departure point we could convoy from say stayner if you’re willing delay your start time. i usually don’t hit the superslab till horseshoe valley or moonstone rd

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024