Select Page

Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 369 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Today in The Shop, my DR600S barked to life!! Not without some fuel leakage problems, I think some tank debris got stuck in the float valve. Had to pull the carb bowl off again, but overall we’re lookin’ good now!
    I think the carb might be a little lean cause it got pretty hot, and lots of crackling, but it may also be from the huge exhaust leak I have. Apparently I’m missoing a gasket between the header pipe and muffler, a silly $20 part that I should be able to get locally.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Video wouldn’t upload, trying again after snipping it down

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

or make one!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh hey there Duratrac, why aren’t you on Redee?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

how on earth did you do that???

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

We were coming down a No Exit road, and apparently I found some sharp debris in a mud puddle, while negotiating a downhill off camber washout. (Finn, about 200m before the waterfall crossing) I still don’t know what exactly cut me, but I thought I had de-beaded my tire till I got out to look. Only had to drive forward 2 truck lengths till a nice flat spot, then James and I had it changed out and strapped to the roof in less than 10 mins.

Glad the full sized spare still had good air pressure, hadn’t checked it in 2 years haha.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Today in The Lunch Room, I ordered a new OEM choke knob from a Suzuki dealership from our mates down unda’. The rest of the globe is without them, but My new best friend Mick said he’d get one to me asap.

I also bit the ebay bullet and ordered an exhaust seal for $25. In the mean time I’ll try to rig it was aluminum foil and ducting tape, because I’m not sure the new seal will solve my problems. The main problem is the clamping surface (oversized female which accepts some of the seal) has rusted away. Technically there ain’t much left to clamp onto, so I’ll have to figure that out as well.

Sure hope my fork seals show up soon, the weather is far too nice for my bike to be in this many pieces still.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh how I love uncapping day!

Today in The Shop, I also took the snow tires off the caravan, and put a set of sway bar end links into my buddies WRX. A fun day, nothing too difficult.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hip hip hooray, fork seals have arrived from Norway, and they are ALMOST the same as OEM (despite being listed with an OEM part number). Counting my blessings here, def not whinning.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

nice for the win!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Today in The Shop, a couple little tasks on the DR600.

I drilled and mounted a front fender, I’m not pleased on yet another mismatching blue, but for $0 and a near perfect fit I shouldn’t complain.

I wired up an led I had, to act as a “Parking Light” on the front. I still have to drill a 1/8” hole somewhere in the fairing to mount it, but I only wanna drill one hole…so I best ponder its placement a little.

I charged the battery….because I forgot to turn Off the ignition after playing with various led’s last night. In hindsight this may not have been necessary since she’s kick-start only.

Soooo close.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Looking good! Reminds me I have to start working on that SL100 in the garage. Don’t know how I ever had time for a full time job! So much going on!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Thanks Steve!
    I picked up my forks yesterday, and am very eager to get into The Shop tonight.
    I made an appointment at the MTO for registration on Thursday next week, just need to get a safety before then. Planning to visit Brian @ Lakeside Auto on Tues/Weds next week for that.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Tonight IN The Shop, I rode the DR600S about 9 feet under its own power!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 369 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024