Select Page

Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Toys-N-Yotas: The Shop

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Looks better in the sun light.
    Planning to get new decals and a seat cover for winter projects.
    Safety tuesday, licensing thursday, rippin’ everyday after.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice job! Looks really clean! You’ll have to do something about that! lol

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Tryin’ my best.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Safety complete! She passed with flying colours. *patting myself on the back*

Just need plates to complete the paper trail. C’mon Thursday, hurry up eh.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Congrats!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Got plated last night, this morning before work I adjusted the float height in the carb a little lower (so it closes fuel a little quicker) so it’ll stop overfilling the bowl and pisses out everywhere. Ready for my first ride….maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

First ride was awesome!

Unfortunately carb issues didn’t let me go very far. I rode roughly 12km in two laps, but the bike stalled out on 4 or 5 occasions. It seemed as though the carb bowl was being sucked dry, once stalled i was able to restart shortly after.
    Once I got home I set into the bottom of the carb; I lowered the tab on the float to allow more fuel into the bowl, cleaned rust/debris out the bottom of bowl, and blew out the fuel line with carb clean and compressed air.
    Since this was the first time I ever filled the tank, I was expecting to get some gunk to come through.
    Spark plugs looked a little lean too.
    The ebay speedo is pretty close, less than 10% out, error to the slow side. 55km/h indicated showed up as 50km/h on the community radar speed display.
    I’m not discouraged in the least bit, just more motivated. I do need to let my kicking leg rest a lil, or start exercising to increase my kick-start endurance. Hmmm, one of those sounds way more likely than the other haha.
    Hoping to have another GO at a real ride before the work week returns.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Do you have a fuel filter on it to keep the gunk out of the carbs? That would be my recommendation…

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

It occurred to me that the petcock has a strainer on the tank side. I think my mystery debris came from the transfer tube between carb & tank. I cleaned the carb, emptied and shook out the tank, but Never cleaned the transfer tube haha.

Still gotta go for a follow-up ride….gonna be a slow week waiting for my next chance. Or I can say F-it, and just leave for work about 1/2 hour early on Wednesday to account for potential troubles along the way.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Got another test ride in today after work, the fuel starvation was fixed!! Buuut I overdid the adj slightly, now the carb leaks gas out the overflow all the time…again. Tonight I’ll pull the bowl off, bend that tab a wee bit, and try to ride into work tomorrow.
    Must find warmer gloves, and wear my full face helmet. Very cold nose, mouth and fingers today after a 45 min rip in 4 degree weather.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Today in The Shop, my buddy Ratul and I spooned a new set of tires onto his Virago. Not too difficult, but I’m glad he was willing to get his hands dirty too.

I have ridden the DR600 to work twice this week, and am loving it. The chill in the morning works faster than my cup of coffee, and the fresh air blast on the way home does great blasting that “factory” smell out of my nose.

I made another attempt to reduce my fuel leak out the overflow, but the float needle valve is no longer sealing. I ordered a new OEM valve and seat assembly for about $70, but it’s back ordered. Hoping only a couple week delay, tired of gas staining (ruining) my driveway.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Man, that carb is a testy one! Hope you get it resolved.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Today in The Shop, I pulled the float valve assembly out again and got a huge chunk of crap out of the seat. I know that’ll fix my fuel starvation issue that I’ve been having commuting during the week, but it still didn’t solve the leaking out the overflow concern. Still waiting on the new assembly I ordered to come into the store. My bike is awesome, but this one little part is such a pain.

Thursday on a short tour in Redee, the speedo snapped down to 0 and sat there. I thought perhaps the speedo drive cable popped out again, but not so lucky. The spiral wound cable broke cleanly about 10” off the t-case. I ordered a replCement today, about $150 to the door.

Today I started sourcing parts for Truckee to change the serp belt and idler bearings. She’s getting a little noisy.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Today OUT of The Shop, I finally had a ride on the DR600 without fuelling issues! Yesterday I took the float valve out AGAIN, and got another small chunk of crap out of the carb, and reset the float height. Today I rode 35kms, varied fast/slow, and not a single concern arose!!!
    Now, the weather needs to get back into double digits, cause I am still cold haha.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

LOL. I haven’t had my bike out since March. Been driving the Dodge in the nice weather.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024