Select Page

The 98’ Tacoma build

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 98’ Tacoma build

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

I wanted an e-locker and still would probably do one if I came across a deal but the truck is also for sale. A lot of my friends are selling their trucks and we seem to be atving more now. So I’m weighing my options. So much to think about
    1) I have to replace my Ford with something newer, probably sooner than later. And that is big $$$
    2) I like having a personal third vehicle for wheeling and running around.
    3) I’ve thought about selling my Tacoma and getting a newer Tacoma/4runner, Gladiator, or a bronco. But it’s convenient for us to have a car that’s cheap on fuel.
    4) I really don’t like having a car payment. I’ve gone my whole life paying cash for all of our vehicles.
    5) do I sell my Tacoma and just get a cheaper running around truck that I can still wheel a bit when I want to?

As for a shop update: My brother just bought a new toy which is a lot of fun, and I just finished this 4×6 trailer. It’s for moving my atv but I can also unhook it and haul it back to camp with my atv which is cool. It’s pretty light.

Toy-Yota
    Participant
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh buddy that’s a lot to consider, at quite the cross roads. Looks like the new-er work truck is #1, and decide what can be done for recreation afterwards.

Perhaps get the HD you need for work, build a BIG trailer to haul atvs/lil teailer and toys to where you can offload and continue down harder trails.

Is there something you’d like to wheel that can be bought/built for less than what you hope to get for the Taco? I don’t know what Side x Sides are worth, but they’re a rabbit hole of their own.

I just crossed over 10-years with the Taco, 1/2 of that being paid off. I will not start payments over till I absolutely must, hoping for another 10+ years.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Many many life changes lately, I sold the Tacoma and bought a 2012. I just sold my Superduty too. We have moved to Bracebridge and we’re selling the landscape business at home. I’m working For some friends up here running a Barge. It’s been pretty awesome so far. Some pics.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Toy-Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Nice! Dream job! Congrats on the new to you Taco!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Cant believe I missed this update! Big changes indeed buddy….. but aren’t you a little young to be retiring to cottage country? Totally jealous, hope you and the wife are adjusting to your new setup.

What you got planned for winter? More snow removal?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Thanks man, it was pretty exciting indeed. Definitely never thought we’d move but so glad we did. We’ll be finishing our last barge job this week moving 6 tons of flooring to an island job. We’ve been tearing out the old flooring the last two weeks. So I’ll just do some construction labor over the winter. Once the ice sets in we’ll head over on sleds.
    The cottage was built in 1901 on Brackens island on Lake Rosseau. I’ll post a few more pics of this season while I’m here.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024