Select Page

The 98’ Tacoma build

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS The 98’ Tacoma build

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

Glad to see you got your fuel leak sorted out. A few injector troubles now eh? I thought you had to replace O-rings a few weeks back.

I like that DRL feature on those spot lights, looks real classy.

With your mechanical repairs and a good wash & wax I’m sure you could make a good pocket full of profit on that Ranger. The kinda vehicle that’s going up in value as they’re hard to replace with an equivalent. Everything new is VERY BIG in comparison. Good luck buddy

Toy-YotaToy-Yota
    Participant

Yeah I replaced the fuel filter and all the injectors already, and now the o rings went. Fixed it up though seems to be all good. I sold the ranger already last week. Made a decent profit on it which is nice.

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

Good job on that Ranger.
    Are you interested in any parts on my donor 4Runner?

Toy-YotaToy-Yota
    Participant

I might be interested in something. The two things I can think of are the rack and pinion and the front axles.

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

I’ll do my best to pull those parts after the motor is out

Toy-YotaToy-Yota
    Participant

So the truck did pretty well the first time out. Here’s some updates. I installed a brake controller which works well. I did order and install the SPC upper control arms and I put in some Swayaway coilovers which are really nice. My rad started leaking when we got to camp so I filled it with stop leak. I’ll have to order a new rad I guess and throw that in. Along with building a skid plate for it to protect it. I also added an ICON add a lead and some Timbrens bump stops out back.

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

Glad the Taco tows well, shitty deal on the rad. A little strain and heat called out a weak link eh.

Your fuelling troubles all sorted out?

This Taco proving a worthy setup for you yet? I remember your buddies were into touring more and krawling less. Does the Taco tour on par?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 197 users registered and the latest user is JJJB, registered on 3-24-2022