Select Page

Slick's Taco

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick's Taco

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

So after driving the new Taco all the time,  took the old one to pick up the dog from the kennel.  Front end howling!!! not sure if I never noticed it before or something new…  Sounds like front diff or wheel bearings… Will have to diagnose and fix before winter, as I wanted to use the old Taco for the winter.

Krezz

Sounds like the old is jealous of the new 😛

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

@Krezz I think so.  Didn’t make a sound before the new Taco!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Research – Napa front wheel bearing and hub assembly $781 for a pair ($390 and change each).

Rock Auto wheel bearing and hub assembly $303.28 for a pair of the high quality ones, delivered to my freaking door!

Needless to say, ordered from Rock Auto…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got the rock auto order a week early.  Have to schedule installation – just got the lift in the Tundra – it looks awesome! Pics to come…  Also still need to install the lift in the new Taco – that should happen this weekend.

tundra must be in the shed, eh buddy? haven’t seen it for a couple days

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

LOL.  I had Art put the lift in the Tundra, so left it there over night.  Then left it in town for the alignment.  It’s back now!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Put the front wheel bearings in the old girl yesterday.  Took her for a test drive – nice and quiet driving now.  The left side was fvcked!

Melissa put 34’s on the Tundra today!  It looks sick! Pics to come…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, she’s got the mod bug now!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

This is turning into a Tundra build thread – here she is with the 3″ lift installed:

Tundra1

And with the 34’s:

tundra2

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Closeup:tundra3

Krezz

The Tundra looks so good w/ the lift!

Tacoma is also a thing of beauty, both of them! haha 🙂

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

This is more or less a test post to see if there are any issues with text and pictures.  Got a vibration in the rear end now on the old Taco.  Pretty sure it needs a U joint, so I picked one up from Partsource for like $20 with my Toyota discount.  However I fear it’s the rear wheel bearings… At least they are only $87 each from Partsource and I have lots of time on my hands these days (lol).

tacoRandom poser pic.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Replaced the U joint last week before going to Rays Place for winter wheeling.  Got rid of the 90 kmph vibration, but after wheeling there was a 110 – 120 kmph vibration.  A little different than the other one…  No vibration at 130, so I drove that most of the way home and made it back in record time – under 3 hours!

Going out to separate the shaft from the 3rd member and rotate it 180 degrees.  I forgot to mark it before I took it apart (d’oh!!!), so we’ll see if that clears it up.  I don’t think I hit the shaft on anything wheeling….

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

And the obligatory poser pic:

Taco

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024