Select Page

Slick's Taco

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick's Taco

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Picked up the bumpers today! Will install and get the old girl prepped and ready for sale.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

I still can’t believe she hasnt sold yet, the price alone woulda had me jump if I was looking.

I test drove “your” truck in 2011, woulda bought it except for inflexible price and what looked and felt like gold velvet interior.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

A youtuber I really like did a video about his 21’ Tacoma and he really didn’t have many good things to say about it. Which is too bad because I do respect his opinion about vehicles he seems honest and straightforward. Even though we’re all Toyotaguys I think most of us would agree that Toyota needs to step up their game when it comes to technology or they’ll get left behind at least within the offroad market. At this point in time the vehicles marketed for offroad use don’t just have a rear locker, a thin skid plate and 31” tires. They have 4.56s, 33s and front and rear lockers, 8 speed transmissions etc etc etc

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I haven’t really had it advertised yet other than mentioning it on forums. Wanted to put it back to mostly stock before hitting Kijiji world.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I hear you about the new Tacos. It took a while for the 19 to grow on me. It doesn’t even have a locker…

I don’t really do much off roading anymore. More camping and the truck just sits at camp…

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got the stock bumpers on last Friday. Came together pretty well! Will be ready to list soon. Just want to clean it up a bit more:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Put these up for sale on TW tonight. Sold the sliders and Hi-Lift already. Front and rear bumper still up for grabs! $1200 for the pair the way they are. Price will go up when I refinish and paint them.

Front is an All-Pro Hybrid, including fair lead.
    Rear is home made carbon steel box tubing. Shackles included.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, I just sold the old girl tonight! Sad to see her go, but going to a good home. They’ll enjoy her for many years to come!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Hey buddy, sad day, but I’m glad the new owners will appreciate what she is.

Cheers to garage and driveway space!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks Tom! Found a few parts laying around. Tim from TW is coming for an old set of headlamps.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Just realized I had this photo. When I bought my 09 Taco, my friends at NUMMI followed the build and took this picture for me.

They put it in the owners manual. When the sales manager went to review it with me, the paper fell out and he said “I’ve never seen that before”! I said “Yeah, I have connections “!

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024