Select Page

Slick's Taco

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick's Taco

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Ah! I always make time!  I’ve been playing at least an hour a day lately.

I set up my shrine to the guitar gods in the basement:

B

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

In case anyone is interested, I have a spring compressor for sale. This is the one that almost took my finger off, so I caution using it… use secondary clamps!!!

Anyone wants it, $100 or best offer: SOLD

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

FOR SALE!!!! $10,000 as is.
    Shouldn’t need much to certify. Everything works, except it needs an AC compressor. I replaced the condenser last year. Holds pressure, but AC doesn’t blow cold anymore… think the compressor has had the biscuit.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    Toy-Yota
    Participant

Wow, finally gonna get rid of the one girl. How many km?
    And did you buy this truck new?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Bought it brand new in August 2008.

It has about 218,000 Kim’s on it. Always use synthetic oil.

2.7L IL4 cylinder.

BFG KO2 285/75R16 tires with same size spare.

I have rock sliders for it as well. I wanted to keep the winch, but will let it go with the truck for full asking price.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The wiper motor stopped working earlier this week. Cleaned the snow out of the box and puller her in the garage for a look-see.

Also going to do and oil and filter change while she’s in there.

On another note, anyone have or know someone selling stock bumpers for a second gen Tacoma?

Toy-Yota
    Participant

There’s a couple on Facebook marketplace, not sure if they’ll fit or if you’re looking for a black one.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks Evan! Tacotim0321 on TacomaWorld is going to sell me his bumpers.

The wiper linkage was seized. took it apart, cleaned up and lubed. Good as new now!

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Gonna put stock bumpers back on the old girl. Tim is even going to paint his front bumper for me. Seems more people want stock a Tacoma….

I’ll clean up the steel bumpers and sliders and sell them. Going to keep the winch for the 19 Taco – want to put a low profile winch bumper on it.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

I’m actually really surprised your truck hasn’t sold yet. It’s tough find Tacoma’s without a million kms on them

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I haven’t been trying very hard… Didn’t have it on Kijiji or anything. Just here… A guy on TW enquired because I have 3 trucks.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

Still have the Tacoma? My brother may be interested, I’m just Wondering what type of work it needs as of now for safety. You can message me privately if you’d like.
    He has plans to trade in his brand new GMC, he had the dealer install a lift and it’s been giving him some problems so he’s trying to get out of it and he realized he wants something less fancy

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I don’t think it would need much. There is a chip in the windshield on the passenger side bottom corner. I was going to get that replaced and a small rust spot fixed from where they scratched the paint when replacing the windshield 9 years ago. My body guy said he’d do it for $500.

In the past 2 years it’s had all shocks replaced with Bilstein 5100’s, front wheel bearings replaced, front driveshaft seal replaced, all U-joints replaced, prop shaft centre bearing replaced and new rear leaf springs.

The AC isn’t working – I had replaced the condenser 2 years ago and it’s still holding pressure, so I think it needs a compressor.

I should be picking up the stock bumpers next weekend. I was planning on removing the rock sliders, steel bumpers and winch to clean up and sell separately… I’ll be installing the winch on my ’19 Taco when I get a slimline bumper for it.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Decided I’m definitely gonna sell this old girl!

I will have stock bumpers on it, unless someone wants it with the steel bumpers. I will be keeping the winch for my other Taco.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Slick_Yota.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Slick_Yota.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024