Select Page

Slick new Taco

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick new Taco

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

His ‘n his:

HIs n His

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

and hers:

hers

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Test post with iPhone:

G

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

2 mods for the new Taco:

1) Bought a tonneau cover from a guy at (former) work. Will post up some pics once I have it installed.

2) Best mod ever – paid it off!

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

#2 Best mod. How many kms does it have?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

@toys-n-yotas 1900 kms  – lol. It’s only left the garage 3 times in the past 3 months!

Had to cut the bed rails to accommodate the locking pins. New rails would have been another $500!!!

Got it installed tonight. If you look at the bottom right corner, you can see the puddle where I spilled my beer….  not a happy moment!

A

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Wow, I knew it’d be low, but not that low.  Hardly 4 tanks of gas have run through it.

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That looks awesome, I’m sad to hear about your spilled beer though, that’s alcohol abuse. Was it cheap beer at least?

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Barking Squirrel tall cans – it’s like $60 for a 2-4…

I’ve got her out now that the warm weather is here – took her to a wedding in Elora on Saturday. Very nice drive and a beautiful day! Think I’ll keep her out now, unless it snows again.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

So the ’19 met a lamp post yesterday… good excuse to buy a slimline winch bumper! Shopping on TW for TuRD gen bumper parts.

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Ouch buddy, hope there were no witnesses….those slimline bumpers do look wicked eh.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

No one around except the front end loader i was trying to avoid….

The TW guys have really come together to gather up parts for the rebuild! Brought a tear to eye! What a great bunch of dudes!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Sucks Steve, glad to see you’re looking on the positive side of things. Sweet, a new bumper, LOL

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Took it apart on the weekend to straighten out brackets behind the scenes. Starting to look better already. All the tabs are broken on the right headlamp though. My 7 year old epoxy didn’t work… will likely need a new one O_o

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Slick_Yota.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got some parts yesterday from TW Express (Teeco Taco). He dropped off a grille, lower black bezel, lower license plate panel and the crush reinforcement (temporary until I get the slimline bumper).

Just need the skin and shell look good as new – I’ll probably replace the headlamp eventually, but it’s not going anywhere…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024