Select Page

Slick new Taco

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Slick new Taco

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I’ll be picking this up on Tuesday – Thanks @Krezz!

T1

T2

T3

Toy-Yota
    Participant

That’s awesome! Love the stripes what’s the plan with the old truck? One tons and full crawler?

toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Oh man that’s a sweet new ride. What trim level is that?  Interesting combo of dealer installed options, and debadging.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by toys-n-yotas.
    Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.  It’s a TRD Sport upgraded (so it has sunroof, leather heated seats and navigation), with $8K in add-ons:

TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Bed Graphics, Tailgate blackout lettering, TRD splash guard, Blackout badge overlays, Tinted windows, Hood and fender wrap. Roof rack, Running boards, TRD fake bead lock rims with BFG KO2 tires, Trailer hitch.

Just did Ardbeg and was able to climb over everything I pointed the old girl at, so not in any hurry to drop any $$$ (which I no longer have anyway) on her.  In the future I could see regearing and 35’s.

Hey Tom, I drove back through Shelburn and saw a red 3rd gen Yota pickup with a dirt bike in the back…  Know him?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Slick_Yota.
    toys-n-yotas
    Participant

Sounds real classy!!

I don’t know that 3rd gen fellow. Lotsa bikes pass through Shelburne on the weekend, a couple tracks North of me.

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Aug 13th, picked up the new pickup from Heffner (thanks again Krezz!!!):

t1

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

at home with the family:

t2

One can never have enough Toyota trucks in the driveway:

t3

she’s been playin’ shy steve, i’ve just caught her peekin’ around the corner of the house when i get home in the evenings. congrats buddy!

i’ll have to slide by n check ‘er in person.

hey, she got over her shyness! oh, by the way, nothing wrong with multiple ‘yotas in the driveway. but even better if they all got wheeled!!!

FJTTSE
    Keymaster

Congrats Steve,nice addition to the fleet,LOL

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

I just found out how much to insure the new truck vs the old one – very reasonable…

That being the case, I just left the insurance on the old Taco, so “Good” and “Evil” will both stay on the road at all times… “Evil” will be a work truck after I retire, as well as a play truck.

“Good” will just look good and go places that have paved roads and parking far away from general populous that open their doors indiscriminately (even though I have running boards that stick out past the doors to protect them).

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Well, I’ve had the truck for almost a month now, so it’s time for the first mod…..

Just ordered a 3″ lift for the new girl.  Just doing a block and spacer lift on it, since it’s just for looks – not function.

Just when the dog was enjoying the easy access of the quad cab with no lift – He’ll adjust….

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Got the lift delivered and went to install it yesterday.  Put the rears in first.  Not a hitch.  Then onto the fronts…..

Of course I’ve done this before, so no need to look at the instructions – right?  So I get the right side apart, grab the spacer and it doesn’t fit.  Found the instruction sheet – part is for a 2007 Silverado!

Lesson learned – always check  what you bought when it gets delivered….

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

The Amazon gods have promised a speedy switcheroo of the wrong spacers 😀

Slick_Yota
    Keymaster

Installed the new lift last night.  Pics to come…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 203 users registered and the latest user is ittraining01, registered on 3-8-2024