Select Page

Redee – 1986 4Runner

Home Forums TRUCK BUILDS Redee – 1986 4Runner

Viewing 7 posts - 481 through 487 (of 487 total)
  • Author
    toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

Nothing new with Redee, think I’m still working on the same tank of gas from my last post almost a month ago. Shame on me I know.

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

I lead James on a tour by the orchard in his new ‘08 Yellow FJ, and both trucks ran like champs. I hopped out of Redee to get a short vid of James in the FJ, and parked facing downward on a hill. When it was time to go, I couldn’t get Redee out of Park. The shift cable had finally failed. With a massive ratchet strap I was able to anchor off the FJ, pull the tension off the park detent pin and shift into a Forward gear. Once on flat ground (and with much assistance from James), I layed under Redee to manually select Drive on the side of the trans.

Other than the pooped cable, both trucks had a blast touring.

Thanks again James for not letting me run myself over haha.

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

Finally got the broken shift cable out, such a pain. I can only hope that getting a new one in will somehow magically be less of a pain in the ass.

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

With lots of help from Matt, we put the hardtop back on Redee. Three days later I still have not finished bolting it down, but she’s without a trans cable, and the urgency to bolt the roof down is very low.

Slick_YotaSlick_Yota
    Keymaster

Priorities!

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

Roof, bolted down.
    Trans cable, installed and adjusted. We’re good to go.

toys-n-yotastoys-n-yotas
    Participant

Got some time in the shop today to replace my burnt out brake light bulb, upgrading most of the bulbs to LED while I was in there. Only the brake light remains with an old school filament, the 1157 is dual filament and my LED version was incompatible.

Viewing 7 posts - 481 through 487 (of 487 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

A total of 182 users registered and the latest user is Jary, registered on 9-18-2020